As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer for the Banno Platform at Jack Henry, you’ll get the chance to make a real, positive impact on people’s lives. Our mission is to give people the best possible experience they can have with their finances. We’re doing this by reimagining the online banking ecosystem and building products that empower and delight.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer involved in a team to deploy, monitor and scale resources to deliver the Banno Platform. A Senior Infrastructure Engineer empowers development teams to easily build new services for deployment in a secure and scalable fashion. Emphasizing DevOps and observability, you’ll enable and guide a team deploying and monitoring their own services.
About the Banno team
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness—theperfect place to make phenomenal products that have a big impact. Our workenvironment echoes a modern tech startup but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. With an engineering team of less than 100, we place high value on continued education and also contribute, and use, open source projects.
Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want–as long as your work hours match US business hours. You’ll get thechance to choose your own tools, work with bleeding edge infrastructure technologies across the stack and contribute to products that are used bythousands of people.
Travel is up to 5% for professional development conferences or company meetings.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience being directly responsible for deploying and monitoring cloud native applications in production environments.
- Must have a minimum of 15 years of technical experience in software development.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, or computer science degreeis preferred
- Real world experience with Kubernetes or Docker in production and migrating existing workloads to containers.
- Experience with Prometheus or equivalent monitoring solutions
- Practicing Infrastructure as Code and automation
- Using CoreOS Container Linux and related technologies
- Experience writing Golang and/or Scala
- Deploying F5 or Nginx Load Balancers
- Deploys and monitors engineering supporting software.
- Eliminate toil and automate manual tasks.
- Conduct and participate in blameless post-mortems.
- Take part in an on-call rotation.
- Help project and plan capacity for future production workloads.
- Oversees and may direct the timely, effective, and quality delivery ofsoftware into production.
- Defines or refines standards for the design and development ofsoftware. Collaborates with developers, QA, operations and management to provide technical direction in requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Establishes and reviews business and technical requirements and overall project plans to define or refine standards, ensure adherence tostandards and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge throughout thedevelopment staff.
- Performs the most complex product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which requireextensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level task and project effort estimates/costs and project monitoring and oversight. Contributes information for the preparation of annual department budgets.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Oversees the definition and documentation of standards. Contributes to defining and improving department processes.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training/mentoring less experienced peers.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies and development environments.
- Participates in the recruiting process.
- May contribute to product architecture.
- May assist less experienced peers. May act as a team lead.