The Sr. Infrastructure Engineer II designs and administers Vizient's enterprise-class data center infrastructure, which spans multiple sites and leverages a diverse group of technologies.
- Build, support, and manage the Pivotal Cloud Foundry systems at Vizient
- Troubleshoots complex issues across multiple stacks, VMWare, Storage, Networking, Active Directory
- Work with internal and external teams to understand business needs, offer advice and solutions from a position of expertise balanced with a collaborative approach
- Establish and implement formal infrastructure technical standards, diagrams, documentation and operating procedures
- Act as technical lead on small to medium size projects that span multiple teams and technologies.
- As necessary, assist with management and support of Red Hat Linux servers at Vizient
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Information Technology field is desired or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years Linux infrastructure administration in an enterprise environment.
- 2+ years supporting Pivotal Cloud Foundry (Preferred)
- Industry certification such as Red Hat Certified Engineer (Preferred)
- Hardware troubleshooting experience (Cisco UCS and/or Dell preferred)
- IP Management skills – DNS/DHCP.
- Experience with scripting & automation tools – PowerShell, vRealize Automation, vbscript
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (application, network, system, hardware)
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call weekly rotation and respond to after-hours alerts in a timely manner
- Participate in monthly, weekend security patching cycles as necessary.
- Solid interpersonal, communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to meet multiple deadlines and adapt (or flex) to changing priorities
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions based on sound judgment and business rationale
- Strong ability to work with DevOps and Application Developers.
- Ability to analyze problems and solve them with practical, cost effective, and reliable solutions that meet business needs
- Willing to travel 5% - 10% of the time
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.