$100K — $150K *
Exelixis is growing and the IT Infrastructure needs to grow and evolve to continue to enable the business. We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to support our on-premise and Cloud-based corporate systems. This position has responsibility for all aspects of design, implementation, documentation, and operational support of current and new corporate systems.
This individual will be an integral subject-matter expert (SME) on the IT Infrastructure Team. Having a diverse background and experience in implementing and maintaining systems running on Windows, Linux, and AWS Infrastructure is vital to the success of this person. Business requirements, priorities, and the skillset of the candidate will dictate the initial area of work. Willingness to communicate ideas openly and collaborate with other team members and business owners while also taking ownership of tasks is a necessity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Architect, implement, document, backup, and manage all things pertaining IT Infrastructure systems.
• Manage and administer the compute and storage infrastructure (Cisco UCS, VMware, Data Domain, EMC Unity, and Rubrik).
• Work closely with database, application, and software engineers to gather requirements from business owners to incorporate them into the design and implementation of systems.
• Partner and coordinate with VARs and outsourcing vendors to design, implement, and support current and new infrastructure systems and applications.
• Manage contracts, renewals, and purchasing of hardware and software as necessary.
• Document infrastructure and work instructions for systems and applications.
• Produce metrics (KPI) regularly on the health of the infrastructure.
• Follow industry and Exelixis best practices and procedures in a SOX and an FDA regulated environment.
• Mentor and cross train team members.
• Work off hours and weekends as required.
• Travel to datacenter located in Sunnyvale, CA as required.
• 24/7/365 on-call availability for emergency escalations.
• BS/BA degree in related discipline and seven years experience; or,
• MS/MA degree in related discipline and five years experience; or,
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
• Seven plus years of experience in Windows or Linux Server administration in a production environment.
• Four plus years of experience with Cloud Instructure Services: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
• Seven plus years of experience managing Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, and 2016
• Four plus years of experience with Linux (Redhat/CentOS 6 and 7, SUSE 10/11/12)
• Four plus years of experience with administering VMware vSphere 5/6
• Four plus years of experience with administering Cloud-based corporate applications e.g. Office 365 and G Suite
• Experience with Cloud-based identity and access management (Okta, OneLogin, MS Azure AD) is a plus
• Experience with desktop virtualization (Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp and VMware Horizon)
• Experience with logging analysis products such as Splunk or Solarwinds LEM
• Experience managing enterprise backup system such Veritas Netbackup, EMC Avamar, and Rubrik
• Experience in pharmaceutical industry with knowledge of GxP and SOX compliance preferred.
• Informatics experience supporting Discovery departments e.g. Chemistry, Biology, and Pharmacology
• Experience working in a SOX and FDA regulated environment is a plus
• Ability to write and modify scripts.
• Strong ability to interface with customers and technical staff.
• Strong customer-facing skills; oral, written and verbal skills
• Ability to define and articulate complex process flows.
• Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and completes them under time constraints.
• Ability to work with minimal guidance, to adapt to frequent priority changes, and response to ad-hoc requests
• Works on problems of extremely diverse scope and complexity where analysis of data may require evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Develops relationships with senior internal and external personnel in area of expertise.
• Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways and/or using a combination of applied company procedures.
Valid through: 4/30/2021