Position: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Location(s): DC Metro
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and will be responsible for all aspects of administration and support for several business critical systems and networks underneath the Hosted Cloud Services offering for Dataprise. The Cloud Services team aims to ensure healthy operations of the hosting infrastructure, maintenance and firmware upgrades for underlying devices (switches, firewalls, servers), and offers strategies to continually improve service delivery for the department. Our ideal team members strive to provide a high-level of customer service and have a passion for virtualization and cloud technologies and possess a demonstrated willingness to learn more. Are you ready for the challenge?
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, picture yourself:
- Delivering, administering, and supporting a high-availability cloud-based infrastructure and its associated third party product offerings.
- Maintaining high uptime (Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) for Dataprise internal systems and customer co-locatedsystems.
- Serving as a Level 3 escalation point for complex technical issues.
- Creating and maintaining system documentation, reports, processes, policies and procedures to contribute to overall Continual Service Improvement (CSI).
- Performing continual delivery and improvement of the underlying infrastructure by upgrading firmware and patching for switches, firewalls, and servers.
- Engaging with the Manager of the Cloud Services to pinpoint hardware refresh and growth opportunities for the environment.
- Assisting with maintaining systems hardened to meet current compliance level.
- Participating in meetings with members of Dataprise management to strategize ways to evolve and improve the Cloud Services team and the services it offers.
- Consulting and collaborating with functional and technical staff, as well as external entities, both on- and off-site, to meet organizational goals and objectives.
Our ideal Senior Infrastructure Engineer has:
- Several years of experience maintaining a full datacenter environment, supporting Cisco switching technologies, VMWare Virtualization technologies, and managing and deploying Microsoft Azure.
- Experience working in an IT managed services provider environment
- Demonstrated experience with the following technologies: Medium to large VMware vSphere environments (20+ hosts, 400 guests), all aspects of administration for the Microsoft Windows Operating System including installation, management, application deployment, and security, installation, configuration and maintenance of SAN technologies (Dell Compellent / EMC VNX), Cisco networking, Microsoft Azure, and Disaster Recovery solutions (e.g.) CommVault Simpana, Acronis and Dell AppAssure.
- Some or all of the following certifications: VMWare VCP5-DV and Cisco CCNA: Datacenter certifications, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, and Cisco CCIE Routing/Switching.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of cloud services such as data center colocation, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), hosting infrastructure and platforms.
- The ability to understand customer needs and translate requirements into technology solutions and think "outside the box" for new and creative solutions.
- The aptitude to understand and support 24x7 infrastructure and business critical applications.
- The capacity to work in a highly visible, fast paced environment, with minimal supervision and major responsibility.
- Strong technical and problem solving skills and even stronger communication and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to be on-call and or work after hours when needed.