Butterfly Network’s mission is to democratize healthcare by enabling universal access to superior medical imaging. We reinvented ultrasound technology by creating the world's first handheld, single-probe whole-body ultrasound system: the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology reduces the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip.
Butterfly harnesses the advantages of AI and cloud computing to deliver advanced imaging that is easy-to-use and built for the digital era.The Butterfly iQ and next-generation Butterfly iQ+ have received CE Mark and FDA clearance, and are being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
We are seeking an experienced infrastructure engineer to build the foundation of our mission critical systems. Today, the Butterfly Cloud supports high-availability workflows, HIPAA-compliant data processing, robust enterprise connectivity and the world’s largest medical image database. Join us in solving challenging problems at the infrastructure layer that will make our technology accessible to 40 million physicians and billions of people worldwide.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Engineer and automate our cloud environments for security, reliability and scale
- Design and build observability solutions, utilizing modern monitoring, logging, and metrics tools ensure overall system health
- Design and optimize robust CI/CD pipelines for Cloud and Mobile apps, Deep Learning workflows, and data pipelines
- Build modern solutions using the best technologies available, including Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Splunk, New Relic, and BigQuery
- Mentor and lead other engineers to achieve our goals
- 5+ years of SRE, DevOps or equivalent experience engineering and automating modern cloud environments, such as AWS or GCP, at scale
- Managing infrastructure using modern Infrastructure as Code like Terraform and CloudFormation
- Expertise in containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and EKS.
- Strong software engineering background: Polyglot proficiency with a wide variety of programming, scripting, and configuration languages
- Excitement to mentor and coach a growing DevOps team
Ideally, you also have skills and experience in these areas (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Running managed Kubernetes in secure production environments (for example, using EKS to orchestrate a healthcare or financial application)
- Elastic and resilient distributed system design in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Custom tools and automation, such as CLIs and internal admin web apps
- CI/CD tools like Github Actions, ArgoCD, and Atlantis
- SQL (especially modern versions of PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases
- HIPAA, PHI and PII compliance
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Flexible Paid Time Off - recharge and come back ready to make an impact
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC or open to remote location
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.