Section 1: Position Summary
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for day-to-day operations of the core platform environment, maintaining a disciplined and stable environment. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is also responsible for insuring scalability, performance and availability of the infrastructure. This position provides technical leadershft3tip to the InfrastructureEngineering team and provides the highest level of support for issues in the production and development environments. This position also evaluates alternative solutions, provides recommendations and identifies risk.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Serve as the liaison between development, DBA, implementations and other IT teams.
- Serve as the highest level of support for identified issues
- Enhance system performance through implementation of third party solutions and performance tuning of the environment
- Evaluate new technologies to enhance performance and efficiency
- Provide technical expertise and consulting to development teams
- Enable DevOps practices and provide leadership and direction for DevOps practices in the infrastructure environment, with a focus on automation
- Review and optimize overall hardware configurations, and develop plans to integrate new hardware and software components
- Evaluate and define cloud strategy
- Continuous improvement of Disaster Recovery practices
- Assist in process definition, documentation and continuous improvement in best practices
- Develop and deliver internal training in selected relevant topics
- Assist with other projects and tasks that achieve the goals of scalability, performance and stability.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Strong knowledge of the hardware and software environment, including Windows-based environment, UNIX, RHEL/LINUX
- Proven effectiveness across the entire compute, storage, automation and cloud stack
- Understanding of networking, load balancing. Clustering, HA
- Excellent consultative, verbal/written communication skills, analytical ability
- Excels in a results focused organization
- Possesses an innovative and change-orientated personality that isn’t afraid to proceed where it was deemed difficult or off limits.
- Problem solving, initiative, judgment.
- Large enterprise environment:
- Cisco UCS/IBM Bladecenter environment
- Flash and traditional disk storage systems (PURE/NetApp/IBM)
- Azure and/or AWS deployments
- Cisco-based networking
- Experience across many platforms, including:
- Active Directory
- DevOps/Automation toolsets
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years’ experience in IT, including 2+ years developing cloud strategies
- Experience with a variety of database platforms, operating system platforms and application development including MS SQLServer, Sybase, Visual Basic and current Windows server versions
- Excellent organization skills, proven analytical abilities and decision making skills
- Ability to participate in scheduled non-business hour implementation and maintenance activities
- Ability to participate in a rotating 24/7 on-call technical support schedule
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer