EAB is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the Product Operations team, headquartered in downtown Washington, DC. This individual will help build and support the infrastructure powering EAB’s commercial products running in AWS. This position will play a key role in facilitating the organization’s rapid growth by designing and implementing Amazon Web Services (AWS) -based network and security models for multiple, integrated products, as well as finalizing migration from a co-located data center.
This opportunity is located in Washington, DC.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work with the Chief Architect to maintain and enhance EAB’s AWS footprint – including account management, network structure, reference architectures for different workloads
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the AWS infrastructure
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise – participate in root cause analysis and work to prevent future occurrences
- Work with development teams to design and evaluate application architectures or enhancements, and find best-of-breed tools and processes for developer productivity
- Define, document, and enforce infrastructure standards
- Monitor infrastructure health and performance to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Act as an escalation point for junior staff and product operations
- Mentor junior staff
- Lead project efforts through full lifecycle, including requirements gathering, scoping, implementation, and operational handoff
- 5+ years of professional experience in large scale enterprise and/or hosted environments
- Experience in administration of Linux servers
- Hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure, including VPC and network structure, IAM-based security models, logging and auditing, as well as high-level familiarity with a broad range of AWS services.
- Strong working knowledge of web application technologies (multi-tier web application architecture, common protocols like TLS/HTTPS) and related AWS services
- Demonstrated ability to automate tasks through scripting technologies
- Experience in a 24x7x365 data center and with cloud/SaaS technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with collaborative team skills
- Excellent developer relation skills
- Ability to think critically and solve complex issues
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot networking and server issues using appropriate monitoring and diagnostic tools
- Ability to prioritize across multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience working with classified information such as HIPPA, SOX, and financial data
- Able to work scheduled and on-call rotations (rotation will include weekends and holidays)
- Requires some physical labor; must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- A bachelor’s, or higher, degree in a technical field
- 7+ years’ experience implementing and supporting fault tolerant, highly available applications in a multi-tier, multi-tenant environment
- Experience supporting database servers, including bot PostgreSQL, and MySQL
- Hands on security experience pen-testing networks and applications
- Hands on experience with Python, Ansible, and CloudFormation as automation tools