As an experienced Infrastructure Development professional, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your hands-on knowledge in systems, application support, testing & operational stability will help your team deliver high quality products. You'll be instrumental in solving more difficult technical issues, and developing integration elements. You'll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team and best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world to tackle big challenges. Responsibilities:
- Supporting code or designing new code, testing, developing and deploying software to automate manual operational work
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
- Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
- Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
- Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
- Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
- Coach or mentor teams as applicable
- Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline
- Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
- Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
- Working knowledge of infrastructure components (e.g. routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage, and networks)
- Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
- Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, unix/linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large scale software development, security software development
- Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
- Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
So if you're ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, apply today.About Us
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteransAbout the Team
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group's number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
High Risk Roles (HRR) are sensitive roles within the technology organization that require high assurance of the integrity of staff by virtue of 1) sensitive cybersecurity and technology functions they perform within systems or 2) information they receive regarding sensitive cybersecurity or technology matters. Users in these roles are subject to enhanced pre-hire screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks (as allowed by law). The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.