The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is a member of the Assembly/Test Technology Development (ATTD) Automation Infrastructure Group in Technology Manufacturing Group (TMG) and is responsible for strategic planning, engineering and implementation of infrastructure and related processes into ATTD factories. This is a senior position and expected to provide advanced technical expertise on systems design and deployment in ATTD/Assembly Test Manufacturing (ATM) with specialty in advanced, leading-edge manufacturing security solutions.
Your responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for architecting automation solutions into factory environments such a Windows OS, Linux OS, storage (NAS, SAN) and virtualized compute environments.
- Responsible selecting, integrating and engineering security solutions into complex factory environments in addition to developing overall manufacturing cyber-security strategy.
- Responsible for supplier and stakeholder management along with technical engineering activities such as proactive monitoring, preventive maintenance, system upgrades, configuration and testing, performance benchmarking and/or improvement, automation installation scripts in addition to defining secure solutions inside manufacturing environments.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral skills:
- Self-motivation and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to set and accomplish goals, meet deadlines, and deliver high quality software and infrastructure with limited management oversight.
- Supplier management skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills; the demonstrated ability to approach complex problems logically and systematically. Makes use of independent research and self-directed learning to solve operational issues and implementation obstacles.
- Ability to manage and influence external suppliers and stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field is highly recommended, or an equivalent level of training, knowledge, and experience is required. Master's degree is preferable.
- 10+ years of experience engineering security solutions into complex environments.
- 15+ years of experience working in an information technology field as a systems administrator, security engineer, enterprise engineer or software architect on Windows, NAS, SAN infrastructure with excellent trouble shooting skills.
- 5+ years of experience in scripting language like PowerShell, PERL, etc.
- 10+ years of experience managing and driving key infrastructure suppliers to deliver high quality solutions.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth