Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
The Infrastructure Architect (Data Services) works with both application development and operational teams to define and evolve the solution strategy for all aspects of data management, storage and protection. This includes all aspects of database, storage and backup/recovery technology.
This will assist in the continued evolution and expansion of the TSYS IT infrastructure to support new clients and new services in line with TSYS IT technical standards and corporate strategic direction, feeding into and driving that strategic direction at consultant levels.
Captures, interprets and understand business requirements and produces technical IT infrastructure solutions to meet these requirements. Provides authoritative technical consultancy across a range of technical areas, facilitating the delivery of solution designs involving teams from different technical and business disciplines. Responsible for maintaining assigned aspects of the TSYS Technical Reference Model. Involved throughout the delivery life cycle of key strategic change projects including, where necessary, delivery of detailed designs, monitoring designs and development of supporting software (scripts, automated business processes, etc.) to affect the integration into the TSYS operational environment.
- Collaborate with Mainframe & Distributed SME’s in the Database Administration, Storage and Data Protection (backup/recovery) technical communities to document, and regularly update, technology roadmaps for each technical area
- Investigate emerging technologies and capabilities across the data technology space, evaluating their potential as challenger technologies for TSYS adoption, leading on proof-of-concept delivery and business case justification where appropriate
- Provide authoritative guidance and consultancy to Product Management and Application Development teams during architectural and vendor assessment activities on all aspects of Database, Storage and Data Protection technology
- Remain up to date with TSYS, client and industry data security and compliance requirements, feeding these requirements into the evolution of the technical roadmaps across all data layer technologies
- Define & manage how client data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed across the enterprise by different business applications & IT systems & Users.
- Applies architectural and technology concepts to address scalability, security, reliability, maintainability and sharing of enterprise data.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure that technology decisions align with the overall Enterprise Architecture Framework/Roadmap.
- Works independently to capture and document non-functional requirements, carrying out IT infrastructure impact analysis and producing high-level Infrastructure Solution Designs for TSYS architectural approval and business case input.
- Review designs created by Design Architects and guide to ensure that solution implementations occur in accordance with best practices
Job Specific Must Have Skills:
•Have a keen understanding of large scale Mainframe and/or Distributed computing solutions in an Enterprise environment.
•The ideal candidate will have experience working as a solutions architect, software developer, or infrastructure engineer.
•You will regularly take part in deep-dive design exercises to create enterprise solutions built on TSYS platforms.
•Seven + years of combined experience working in complex environments, including Distributed, Mainframe, and Cloud.
•Five+ years of experience in storage infrastructure or database architecture.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: BCS Solution Development & Architecture (practitioner level or equivalent); Relevant technology experience (expert level)
- Typically Minimum 8+ Years Relevant Exp
- Master's Degree
- Typically Minimum 8+ Years Relevant Exp
- Relevant Technical and Payment/finance industry experience at consultant level
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review may exist at this level.
- Job Complexity - Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Supervision - Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others.
- Solution Architecture - Designs, communicates and approves high-level structures to enable and guide the design and development of standard integrated solutions, meeting current and future business needs.
- Systems Design - Specifies and designs advanced information systems to meet defined business needs.
- Systems Integration - Defines the approach for automation, integration and testing of basic components and/or subsystems and their interfaces in order to create operational services.
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.