$150K — $200K *
DescriptionSENIOR INFROMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECALIST (NAVEBS-21-0671-W):
Bowhead is seeking a Senior Information Technology Specialist to provide consultative support to our client at the Washington Navy Yard in Washington, D.C.. The candidate will provide technical planning and execution; cybersecurity; and network administration support between or among products within the client’s portfolio of systems, programs, devices, environments, or accessories while securing a safe and protected environment. This senior level expert will also strategize in the integration of system releases, enhancements, and special projects so that the efforts do not disrupt current system operations and that the implementation of these efforts is planned and coordinated effectively to ensure that business operations remain intact.
Essential duties include:
• Provide technical strategy support by assisting with defining the technological strategy with the Government technical team of each project: pipeline, tools, and key development procedures.
• Evaluate both the Navy Enterprise and the Enterprise Architecture for potential synergies and recommend improvements/enhancements to the portfolio systems.
• Assist the Government in the technical analysis and architecture design of Government-approved cloud hosting vendors, including cloud environment architecture, design, and multi-cloud data interchange strategies
• Perform scope analysis and planning for delivery of future enhancements.
• Develop procedures for applicable system management business processes.
• Develop technical best practice architecture for system landscape.
• Provide technical expertise to assist the Government during upgrades of system configuration, network configurations, data migration, system testing, and remediation to ensure technical compatibility. Advise and assist the Government Technical teams performing implementations of Navy processes into the system platforms.
• Provide technical support to the Government of new solutions during performance testing and integration testing.
• Provide IA program management support to the program office to ensure compliance with DoD and DON IA policy related to the portfolio systems.
• Assist the government in investigating emerging solutions to problems in an assigned technology area and evaluate these solutions against the current technical requirements for potential implementation opportunities.
• Assist the Government leads in strategizing for planning the preparation and execution of design, development, test, delivery, and implementation phases of system releases and capabilities as described in the future system releases, enhanced system implementations, and modifications.
• Coordinate with the Government in planning the analysis, design, and demonstration of upgrades, special projects, and proof-of-concept opportunities.
• Assist the Government leads to assess requirements and specifications relative to Portfolio program solutions to determine gap fits.
• Collaborate with the Program's Systems Engineering, technical, and functional leads to ensure all aspects of functional capabilities and implementation of the release are identified, accounted for, and captured in the Program plan. Analyze the capabilities requirements and work with the functional and technical experts to assist the Government with the developing solution designs in concert with the Portfolio System capabilities already in Production.
• Coordinate with Government program personnel to help resolve technical issues and solution defects during all phases of the release, enhancement, modification, or special project to enable full functioning capabilities.
• Coordinate with Government program leadership to ensure resources are planned for throughout the duration of the release, enhancement, modification, or special project. Assist Government program personnel to resolve business process issues, and technical performance and landscape issues.
Requirements• The candidate must have at least ten (10) years of experience in IT architecture, design, systems engineering, test design and execution for major (ACAT 1) cloud-based enterprise business systems.
• The candidate must have recent experience working on Navy / DoD ERP projects.
• The candidate must be highly skilled in written and verbal English and must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of software.
• The candidate must be able to prepare and deliver technical briefings on findings.
• The candidate must be capable of working both independently and as a member of a team
• DAWIA Level II in Information Systems or equivalent
Valid through: 7/8/2021
$200K — $250K *
4 days ago