Senior Information Security Specialist - External Liaison
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Information Security covers the development and management of security strategies, policies and programs to assess, prioritize, and mitigate business risk with technology controls. Priorities include: mitigating and managing cybersecuritythreats, ensuring systems availability, aligning with global regulatory risk and compliance requirements, managing systems and network complexity, and partnering with businesses for better technology delivery by providing advice on technology controls.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
The Senior Intel Analyst – External Liaison will be responsible for the development and strengthening of external intelligence sharingchannels within industry, government, private and public sharing groups. The candidate will operate as an interface for intelligence exchanges with external sources and work to progress information sharing initiatives.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
- Serve as liaison to the industry, government, law enforcement, and other identified entities on behalf of TD, explaining cybersecurity incidents, threats, trends, policy, or research, as required.
- Establish, plan, promote, and share information and knowledge within financial services, and effectively recognize, value, build, and leverage diverse and collaborative networks within these organizations.
- Manage the identification of gaps negatively impacting successful information sharing efforts and develop solid and well-researched recommendations for policies/procedures designed to reduce these gaps
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with internal groups as well as external entities, including regulators, legal, compliance, privacy, and fraud.
- Review multiple data sources, including world events, intelligence, media, and law enforcementreporting, to identify all cybersecurity incidents, threats, and vulnerabilities that could become the basis of attacks.
- Provide guidance and/or lead on the development of on-going technologyriskreporting, monitoring key trends and defining metrics to regularly measure control effectiveness for own area.
- Develop on-going TechnologyRiskreporting, monitoring key trends and defining metrics to regularly measure control effectiveness for own area.
- Act as primary practice / technical expert and proactively work with technology partners and stakeholders and service/platform owners to ensure all technologysecurity components are integrated into the bank’s overall Enterprise Architecture, and any control gaps are addressed.
- Proactively review internal processes and activities and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Adhere to, advise on, oversee, monitor, enforce enterprise frameworks and methodologies related to technology controls and information security activities.
- Influence behavior to reduce risk and foster a strong technologyrisk management culture throughout the enterprise.
- Remain informed of emerging issues, industry trends and/or relevant changes.
Other duties as assigned
• Driving Requirements:
• Travel Requirements:
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
- University Degree.
- Information Security Certification / Accreditation an asset.
- 10+ years of relevant experience and are equipped to provide technical leadership to a larger team portfolio.
- Comfortable operating as a technical expert with deep knowledge of IT security and risk disciplines and can foresee issues and identify emerging industry trends.
- Advanced and highly-specialized knowledge of the business, technology controls / security/ risk issues.
- Experience working on high-profile, complex and/or high-risktechnology projects with significant impact to the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate technical leadership to a larger team portfolio.
PreferredQualifications – Here are thepreferredqualifications for this role:
- A U.S. SECRET or higher security clearance, or capable of obtaining
- Financial services experiencepreferred
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of how cyberthreats impact business objectives
- Completion of at least one of the following: GCIA, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, GSEC, CCNP, CISSP