L3 Technologies is a recognized global leader in the design, development and production of secure communication systems and products supporting mission-critical space, ground, air and naval operations. L3 CS-East is where employees have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our business and the world around us while thriving in an environment that continually fosters growth and career development. We are committed to providing best-in-class solutions to our customers with the highest level of integrity, excellence and uncompromised quality in everything we do. L3 offers a flexible working environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
As a member of the Enterprise IT &Security team, the candidate would beresponsible for designing, implementing, & maintainingsecuritytechnologies, and representingsecurityengineering on a variety of strategic enterprise projects. SpecificResponsibilitiesInclude:
- Implement new security initiatives, utilizing technical solutions and policies & procedures.
- Work with a wide variety of security tools, both network and system based.
- Participate in projects and initiatives, validatingsecurity requirements are being met, and researching and recommending appropriate security solutions.
- Document processes, policies, and procedures as required.
4+ years’ combined experience in information security and/or network/system administration
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree or equivalent.
US Citizenship Required
Must be have or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance (DOD Secret minimum)
- Experience with firewalls, VPNs, IDS, or othernetworksecurity solutions.
- Experience with network sniffers (tcpdump, wireshark).
- Experience with endpoint and/or system security tools, including antivirus, endpoint detection & response tools, and application whitelisting.
- A strong understanding of networking and relevant protocols including TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, and DNS.
- In depth knowledge of Windows, Active Directory, and Linux/Unix.
- Experience with cloud services including Azure and AWS.
- Security certifications such CISSP or CISM are a plus.
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies as required.
- Strong troubleshooting skills of complex network, system, and/or security problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly disciplined and motivated, able to work independently, under direction, or as a member of a team.
- Must be willing to periodically work non-standard hours.