The Security Analyst must possess knowledge of every aspect of information security within the company. The main job is to analyze the security measures of a company and determine how effective they are. The security analyst must work with business administrators as well as IT professionals in communicating flaws in security systems, and recommend changes that will improve every aspect of company security.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
- Design, implement and enforce information security policy including asset management and system hardening.
- Insuring all networks have adequate security to prevent unauthorized access.
- Develop reports to share with administrators about the efficiency of security policies and recommend any changes.
- Organize and conduct training for all employees regarding company security and information safeguarding.
- Ensure that all security systems are current with any software or hardware changes in the company.
- Perform security scanning on hosts and networks.
- Follow up on security mitigations.
- Bachelordegree in CS, MIS or equivalent.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience.
- Knowledge of security framework and best practices.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Certifications preferred (GIAC, CISSP, SSCP, etc.).