Senior Information Architect
Engineering & Tech Operations | Seattle, Washington
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming. Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what's right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you'll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live. The team
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement. This position
A senior information architect is a customer evangelist who understands informational needs and ensures creation of information experiences that help drive product adoption and evangelism. They are technical, adept listeners with a passion for technology, content, and customers. They seek beauty in the portrayal of content and information. A DocuSign information architect helps drive the product transition from concept and early origins of terminology and product documentation to reality. This position requires technical understanding with the ability to learn fast. You will collaborate on innovative, incubation projects as well as complex product experiences we design for DocuSign admin roles.
This position is an individual contributor reporting the Sr. Manager Information Experience and is designated Flex. Responsibilities
- Work with product managers, designers and others on the creation of information architectures, including but not limited to, terminology, taxonomy, navigational structure, and task flows
- Drive the creation of data definitions, terminology standards, and taxonomy management
- Enable effective information discovery for best-in-class search experiences and navigation
- Conduct collaboration and customer feedback sessions to facilitate alignment, inspire customer empathy, and drive investment in the customer journey
- Develop task and process flows for consistent end to end experiences within products and across product verticals
- Manage, run and evaluate aspects of the information architecture program and vision, developing roadmaps, alignment and updated processes to continually improve the product experience
- Identify content needs and behaviors through research and data as well as customer context-based needs using data analytics
- Provide actionable recommendations to product teams and other stakeholders based on data science and analytics
- Monitor the performance of information investments with KPIs and other analytical tools
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience with successful information architecture, taxonomies, content strategist or UI information design
- 5+ years of relevant experience is with high-tech, including SaaS, learning and product content, user experience development, or taxonomy development and management
- Master's degree or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to influence senior leadership
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects
- Strong self-driven time management and prioritization abilities
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world's forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, et hnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category. Accommodations
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .