As a Senior Information Architect, you will act as a customer evangelist who understands informational needs and ensures creation of information experiences that help drive product adoption and evangelism. They are technical, adept listeners with a passion for technology, content, and customers. They seek beauty in the portrayal of content, learning and information and create value through clarity. A DocuSign information architect helps drive the product transition from concept and early origins of terminology to reality and shape our in-product learning strategy.
This position is an individual contributor and reports to the Sr. Director, Product Information.
- Create an in-product information, content and learning framework and strategy, using adult learning theory, instructional design, and behavior analysis, to make a diverse scope of products easier to adopt, and inspire evangelism.
- Develop, evaluate, run and manage terminology program and vision, developing roadmaps, process and project plans to continually improve the product experience, from feature names to introductory concepts.
- Consult as an expert with designers and others on terminology, taxonomy and navigational structure strategy to drive uniform standards, and ensure taxonomy management that supports effective information discovery and enabling meaningful search results and navigation.
- Conduct collaboration and customer experience worksessions as needed to facilitate alignment across groups, to inspire customer empathy and investments that improve the customer journey.
- Identify content needs and behaviors through research and data, and customer context-based needs, such as industry and vertical markets.
- Provide actionable recommendations to authors and stakeholders based on research.
- Monitor information investments to track them through metrics and analytics.
- Proactively seek and use input from data sources, the business, and customer feedback
- Gain a deep understanding of the motivations, behaviors and learning styles of our target audiences to increase the relevance and effectiveness of content and information.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience with successful information architecture or learning behaviorist
- 5+ years of relevant experience is with high-tech, including SaaS, learning and product content, user experience development, or taxonomy development and management
- Masters degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to influence senior leadership and work on cross-functional projects
- Excellent at communicating up and across organizations
- Strong self-driven time management and prioritization abilities