We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
JOIN US WHERE IT ALL BEGAN.
Whether you design clothes or business strategies, crunch numbers, lead projects or write code, we have a place for you at our Seattle headquarters. And we think Seattle is a pretty great place to live. More than just rainy days and coffee, Seattle has it all — mountains and beaches, arts and parks, music and film. It's made up of quirky neighborhoods, award-winning restaurants, and thriving industry. Come see for yourself!
A day in the life…
The Senior Industrial Engineer is responsible for defining best in class processes and material handling for JWN’s Supply Chain Network. This role will enable the Supply Chain team to operate in a more efficient, effective manner to reach short and long term productivity improvements. The role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong projectmanagement capability, self-motivation and an understanding of how to drive effectiveness and transformation.
• Support continuous improvement efforts within the fulfillment and distribution center network
- Assess current processes and determine processes to drive efficiency, effectiveness and reduced costs
- Develop business requirements based on abstract strategic ideas for the company. These may include multi-phased and layered approaches to buildings, material handling and operations.
- Able to participate and contribute to a wide and diverse array of process and material handling topics while listening to input from operators in order to achieve best in class operation
• Lead project management of critical Supply Chain projects (in building or network-wide), representing Supply Chain for material handling, technology and business process optimization projects.
- Assess current, future and industry best practices in supply chain fulfillment, e-commerce and distribution.
- Provide on-site support for project implementations.
- Work with cross functionally to identify and document the impacts of new business process improvement initiatives, technology and/or engineering project implementation, and changes needed to current business organization and processes.
• Support the integration and implementation of material handling warehouse control systems with warehouse management system.• Actively participate in productivity management/labor management processes both in-building and across network• All projects, or components within a project, will require project management. Specific projects will include:
- Implementing upgraded or new Warehouse Management Systems in existing or new facilities.
- Integration of material handling systems with Warehouse Management Systems and warehouse control systems in existing or new facilities.
- Implementing material handling systems
- Working with capital planning and justification
You own this if you have…
• Minimum of undergraduate degree in Industrial Engineering or other engineering discipline. • Minimum 5 years' experience in retail distribution or e-commerce fulfillment• Minimum 5 years' experience in warehouse management and material handling• Experience with integration of WCS (Warehouse Control Systems) with a WM (Warehouse Management System) • Demonstrated track record of project management skills in engineering and technology projects. PMP Certification is a benefit but not required• Excellent communication skills (i.e., verbal, written, group presentation).• Qualified candidates must be able to work in our Cedar Rapids, IA location