Do you enjoy coming up with creative solutions for complex problems? Join our team as a Senior Launch Industrial Engineer to support our intensive growth plans! You will work directly with our customers to meet engineering goals and provide input for the development of tailored work systems.
About the Role
How you will contribute
- Review proposed Engineering solution with Project Team and identify and resolve any gaps in the process.
- Work within constraints of Facility and Warehouse Design & Direct impact on Operations in Long Term Customer Engagement.
- Champion Lean engineering goals. Includes being an aid in developing, implementing and maintaining a Lean culture within the organization (Six Sigma Green Belt is a Plus).
- Order volume Analysis, Vendor/Equipment Sourcing, Selection, Planning, Scheduling & Tracking.
- Provide input for the development of Process FMEA’s and Control Plans for existing and potential work systems.
- Provide Leadership and Support to Continuous Improvement initiatives at the plant level including work studies to analyze work systems and develop standards, allowances and/or improvements to existing systems, providing input for the development of functional layouts that minimize space, material transit distance and provide flexibility for expansion, and utilize Simulation software to analyze and/or improve work systems.
- Project Risk Management & Time line adherence .
- Champion Lean Awareness as necessary STD Work, 5s, TPM, JIT, and Mistake Proofing.
- Direct communication with customer to understand scope creep items have been highlighted, evaluated and communicated back to the Project Team, with the impact clearly outlined and
- Responsible for the maintenance and engineering functions.
- Responsible for providing direction, advice to management and employees on issues related to maintenance, engineering, and lean operations.
- Develop & implement lean engineering tools and reviewing work methods, work station design and documenting process methods. Conduct analysis and make recommendations to improve labor utilization, material flow and capacity planning. Process simulation, project management and methods analysis.(90% Travel).
- Provide input on the development and/or revision of various policies or standard operational procedures.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Your Key Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial engineer or related discipline (Supply Chain and Operational Research is Must)
- 5 - 7 years of experience performing industrial engineering and time studies
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Experience working with a variety of lean tools and concepts
- Experience with New Business implementations for 3PL operations is a plus
- Proficiency in working with Customer operations managers, staff, and the functional departments.
- Proficiency in working with hourly employees in the areas of training and development in lean tools and techniques
- RFQ (Request for Quote) understanding, CAPEX, Headcount Modeling, Pricing/IRR, Expert in AutoCAD
- Ability to exercise controls over implementation of policies and procedures for the maintenance, engineering, and lean operations of the facility
- Skill in reviewing and formulating/revising operations policies and procedures; ability to exercise controls over the implementation of policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people including internal customers, management, and functional departments
- Ability to effectively train, teach, and coach hourly team members
syncreon offers exciting and challenging roles within a growing international organization. We strive to hire and develop the right people, locally and globally; stimulating personal growth and self-development within an informal atmosphere. We offer a market competitive compensation package.