We're growing our in-house design team and are looking for industrial designers who are motivated by the opportunity to transform healthcare while working with a super-talented team that moves fast.
In this position, you will lead key industrial design activities across capital equipment, instruments and accessories, while also tackling some of our meatier usability challenges. As an internal champion for outstanding user experience, you'll also be focused on many of our touchpoints, including but not limited to controllers, handles, buttons, ergonomic interfaces, light features, and many more.
Our corporate leadership is very design sensitive, so your passion for great design will find fertile ground at Auris, and together we'll redefine how good medical products can look.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Lead industrial design activities across a variety of system touchpoints and assemblies
- Create design solutions that balance visual appeal and usability with performance and manufacturability
- Create sketches, storyboards, 3D CAD models and renders to communicate design ideas to both internal and external stakeholders
- Partner closely with our engineering team to guide industrial design across development phases and ensure that the vision is retained through production
- Generate prototypes ranging from hacky mockups to high-fidelity 3D models to support user testing and design reviews
- Develop an in-depth understanding of clinical users, workflows and environments using a mix of immersion along with primary and secondary research
- Support the design and product application of graphics and iconography
- Mentor younger industrial designers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience:
- 5-10 years of experience as an industrial designer or product designer, either in-house or in agency
- Strong portfolio showing work across all phases of product development. We're looking for experience with durable goods (healthcare, automotive, consumer products, etc.) and a strong affinity for human factors and ergonomics. Please make sure to include and highlight these areas in your portfolio.
- Expert in a wide range of materials and manufacturing techniques
- Expert 3D modelling and rendering skills (SolidWorks required)
- Strong understanding of human factors
- Solid sketching and visual design skills
- Good project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience designing medical devices for clinical settings
- Prior experience with products that are safety-critical