GoPro offers a fun and fast-paced work environment with passionate and motivated people who have a drive to learn, innovate and succeed
GoPro is looking for a highly motivated, creative, and experienced engineer for developing Image Quality test systems for cameras, camera modules, and optical components. Projects span from methodology conceptualization and technologyinvestigations, to working with third-party vendors on system development, to working closely with GoPro NPI and production engineering on implementing and validating test systems at GoPro’s contract manufacturers and/or vendors. The ideal candidate can work independently, come up with creative solutions for a range of technical projects, drive projects to completion, and collaborate with other teams within and outside of GoPro. Moderate international travel is required.
What You Will Do
- Develop and validate image quality test systems for cameras, optical modules, and optical components, for both mass production and lab environment. The development work includes test methodologies, image quality metrics, test algorithms and scripts, system hardware, and software.
- Write technical specifications for test systems, both for internal developments and for systems developed by third party vendors.
- Develop test plans and set pass/fail criteria for image quality testing of cameras and camera modules.
- Analyze image quality data—validation data, mass production test data, and results from experiments—and prepare reports for technical and non-technical audiences.
Skills We’re Stoked About
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Optics, EE, Physics, or similar field
- >7 years’ industry experience in relevant field
- In-depth understanding of mass-production requirements and constraints
- Experience with both theoretical work/modeling and practical hands-on lab work
- Communications skills and a positive attitude are key
- Good understanding of image science is desired
- Desired software skills: Matlab, Python, C++, C#, Cad/SolidWorks