GoPro is seeking a top-tier candidate for the Senior Process Engineer - Optics role. We are looking for an expert with a proven track record of developing new, and improving existing, optical and opto-mechanical assembly processes. You are hands-on and an expert in the tools and techniques used to assess product manufacturability and quality. You have solid partner management skills and love to sift through data and use it to drive design and manufacturing process improvements.
What You Will Do
- Lead the development of manufacturing processes and provide technical support of optical alignment and assembly areas for complex Electro-Optical systems.
- Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Collaborate with engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design.
- Make recommendations to modify part or material specifications, processes, and tolerances as necessary to adapt development processes for high volume production and support cost effective production.
- Design and execute DOEs to improve manufacturing process capability, cycle time, and production yields while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Evaluate and improve product quality and reliability performance.
- Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Process Management Plans (PMP) for optical processes.
- Work cross-functionally to define and ensure processes are in place to provide the data required to manage quality and reliability.
- Establish dashboards and metrics and use a data-driven approach to problem identification and resolution.
- Interface with supplier Engineering and contract manufacturers to monitor quality and reliability and drive continuous improvements.
- Investigate and coordinate failure analysis, determine root causes, categorize failures and drive corrective action in collaboration with the design and commodity teams.
Skills We’re Stoked About
- BS in Engineering plus proven experience in optical component and subsystem manufacturing and process development.
- At least 8years of experience working as a technical professional with at least 3 years managing process in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Position requires strong communication and organizational skills in an individual that is self-directed and capable of meeting aggressive schedules.
- Experience serving as a technical liaison for technology and production line transfers with contract manufacturing companies.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and probability as applied to manufacturing processes, statistical process control, total quality management, and the ability to present them in technical and business environments.
- Must be experienced in assembly of complex opto-electronic systems, optical measurements and coatings, and the use of optical instruments.
- Green Belt or Black in Six Sigma is ideal.
- Fluency in Mandarin desired but not required.
- Must be willing and able to travel to Asia (approximately 20% travelrequired).