Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range ofproducts.
Microchip products are at the heart of millions of consumer devices and networks, and we are looking for an exceptional person to join our team. A candidate placed in this position will be a leader in the USB and Networking Applications and Validation Team focused on bringing advanced connectivity devices to market including: Ethernet switches, USB 3.2 Hubs, USB Power Delivery, and other connectivity interfaces in excess of 25Gbps.
- Specify and design test environments including:
- Software requirements
- Lab Equipment requirements
- Test board designs
- Perform FPGA based pre-silicon validation data collection and document results.
- Perform lab-based post-silicon validation data collection and document results.
- Work with Design Engineering, Product Engineering, and Applications Engineering tovalidate new silicon products.
- Work in the lab to replicate customer issues and, when necessary, interface directly with field engineers to root cause customer problems.
- Track customer and silicon device issues in a collaborative shared database system such as JIRA, Bugzilla, Trac, etc.
- Design and implement emulation of real-world systems on custom designs to allow Pre- and Post- Silicon testing and development.
- Work with the Applications team to develop Application notes and sections in Datasheets.
- Work with external PCB layout and Contact Manufacturers.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- 7-10 years industry experience.
- Holds a bachelor's or master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 4+ years combined experience in one or more of the following areas:
- High-Speed Digital design and/or Test
- Analog/Mixed-Signal design and/or Test
- Systems design and/or Test
- Power IC Design and/or Test
- Able to think of test cases and customer usage model that may violate the assumptions of designers and architects.
- Strong working knowledge of electronics lab equipment, e.g., Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers/Exercisers, Protocol Analyzers.
- Able to develop hardware design specification based on input from multiplestakeholders and technical specifications.
- Able to read and generate electrical schematic diagrams; perform PCB hardware bring-up and debug.
- Create demo hardware and software to showcase IC device feature set.
- Strong organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in collaborative cross-functional group environment.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- LabVIEW control of automated test environments.
- IC device characterization.
- Understanding of one of more of the following protocols: USB (USB3.0, USB2.0), USB Power Delivery, Ethernet (10/100/1G/10G/25G), and Flash Media Standards.
- Experience in direct support of customers and Field Applications Engineers.
- Hardware Development (Schematic Design, PCB prototyping).
- Experience with microcontroller development using C and/or C++ programming languages.
- Experience with peripherals interfaces: PCI-E, SPI, I2C, UART, PWM, LIN, and Security.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities toapplicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.