We are seeking an top level Identity Management Professional to join a large, global company in the Finger Lakes Region of New York State. Relocation assistance is available.
Under the direction of the Identity, Collaboration & Cloud Services Manager, this individual designs, implements and supports identity related services with special focus on Microsoft Windows Active Directory, Identity & Access Management (IAM), Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Public Key infrastructure (PKI) and integration of these services with on premise and cloud platform services.
A qualified candidate will be considered a subject matter expert in the above products/frameworks and have a strong desire and willingness to work across data center boundaries to manage systems and services for a global organization.
This role will be a key contributor to the management and optimization of our overall global enterprise model. As a representative of the Enterprise Infrastructure Services Team, you will collaborate with our business partners to interpret their needs and design/deliver solutions to meet the business unit?s and corporate objectives.
- College Degree in computer science, information sciences or related field and 3-5years of experience; or 5-7years relevant experience.
- Over 7years of experience engineering infrastructure solutions for the large enterprises
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory architecture, design, and configuration (2003, 2008, 2012, and 2016) is required.
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory Federated Services is required.
- Experience with Azure Active Directory is a plus
- Experience in Active Directory Domain restructuring and Trust Management is required.
- Experience in elevated rights management is required.
- Experience with Active Directory threat defense and management tools is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure is required.
- Experience with FIM and other Identity and Access Management solutions is a plus.
- Experience with Duo Security products is a plus.
- Experience with advanced scripting techniques (PowerShell) is required.
- Proficiency of Windows server hardware & operating systems (Windows2003, 2008, 2012, and 2016) is required.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows DNS, HTTP/S, SSH, LDAP, PXE, DHCP, TFTP is required.
- Experience with Quest Active Roles Server is a plus.
- Knowledge of automation and monitoring tools and techniques is a plus.
- Experience with Azure Active Directory is a plus
- Strong ability and desire to learn, grow, and as needed, research new technologies, potential solutions and methods to solve business problems as needed.
- Fully understands how the business/functional strategy applies to his/her own technology area.
- Provides subject matter expertise (SME) on needed communications and communication timing. Participates in presentations in his/her domain or area of expertise.
- Understands when new or alternate solutions are necessary, and begins discussions with IT management and business/functional partners to identify needed improvements to the solution/service framework.
- Leverages experience collaborating across cultures, and organizations, and purveys interpersonal and cultural understanding in group work settings by initiating conversations with others.
- Shares information proactively, directs workflows to leverage the expertise of individuals, and promotes a team approach to achieve common goals.
- Provides solutions/services that conform to approved industry frameworks within his or her domain or country that support best practices and standardization and meet requirements for risk, security, maintenance, scalability, and performance. Initiates conversations with his/her manager and customers/partners when new, customized or non-standard solutions may be necessary.
- Leverages existing solutions, knowledge base, and best practices, and works within the approved policy/governance framework.
- Gains trust by listening effectively, being open and transparent, and demonstrating results that the customer, business or function values.
- Demonstrates a sense of pride in the quality of his/her own work, and a willingness to take initiative to meet the challenges of the customer, business or function.
- Promotes accomplishments while holding others accountable for results.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Self-directed, Self-starter and strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well under stress.
- Fluency in English and Italian is required.
- Fluency in German, Spanish, or French is a plus.
- Develops plans and executes actions in support of the team objectives for the data centers and distributed locations.
- Designs and implement enterprise-level solutions integrated with Active Directory.
- Identifies opportunities to innovate, extend, and enhance service delivery.
- Designs, installs, configures, and administers Active Directory services and related tools.
- Develops and maintain system documentation and architectural diagrams.
- Ensures adherence to company principles, standards, and norms.
- Provides training and knowledge transfer to other team members.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for support and troubleshooting efforts, provides guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production problems.
- Performs daily system monitoring and verification of the integrity and availability of enterprise systems and key processes.
- Owns Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management activities for proper issue resolution.
- Provides ongoing direction and technical support for the Wintel environments globally to assure cost effective computer operation.
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements the change, upgrade, or removal of current systems, software, and services.
- Works with appropriate business partners to evaluate, recommend, and implement the acquisition of new systems, software, or services as required.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, and makes recommendations.
- Provides assistance as required to organizations outside of the enterprise to improve internal procedures that may be advantageous to the enterprise.
- Ensures security standards are being met, and takes appropriate steps when deficiencies are uncovered.
- Assists in disaster recovery design and exercise planning as requested.
- Remediates incidents and service requests.
- Drafts operational documentation as required.
- Manages customer satisfaction through effective communication and exceeding customer expectations.
- Participates in an on-call rotation as required.
- Primary support for the following systems, frameworks, and services globally:
o Windows Server Active Directory (2003, 2008, 2012, and 2016)
o Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services (3.0 & 4.0)
o Office 365
o Microsoft Exchange Online
o Active Roles Server
o Forefront Identity Manager
- Additional responsibilitiesas assigned by manager