Provides support for enterprise information system infrastructure technology solutions by installing and troubleshooting desktop hardware and software, telephone equipment, network equipment and cabling, managing spare equipment inventory, and providing direct phone support of internal customers via Valero's Virtual Helpdesk line. Additional infrastructure duties such as server room management will also be performed as needed.
- Primary focus is to provide on-site support of computing equipment and
software, including complex needs analysis, configuration, installation, moves, and changes for supported locations. This includes the use of Valero's system to track support activities.
- Participates in information system infrastructure design and implementation projects as an individual contributor.
- Performs research and repair activity, including vendor coordination, necessary to ensure computer services for supported locations.
- Tests applications and equipment with minimal supervision.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems.
- Manages spare equipment inventory and related documentation.
- Performs server room maintenance and management as needed.
- Provides support of computing equipment and software, to include moderately complex needs analysis, configuration, installation, moves, and changes for supported locations during and after hours.
- Works on moderately complex tasks for the design, development, maintenance and upgrade of information system infrastructure involving hardware, software, and system applications. This includes, but is not limited to: trouble-shooting, problem-solving, issue resolution, user interaction, training, defining systems scope, gathering requirements, documenting design specifications, research and fact-finding, configuration, testing, reporting, cutover, IS and business user coordination.
- Develops effective work relationships within departmental and functional lines at various job levels with business users, IS departments and Valero business partners.
- Learns or demonstrates an in-depth understanding of more than one information system infrastructure discipline/component and associated application/hardware integration.
- Helps coordinate the adoption of new procedures resulting from software and hardware changes, including the development of system specifications, documentation, training, and communication plans.
- Performs analysis on and recommends quality complex solutions to information system infrastructure technology disciplines/components.
- Understands and applies the various IT methodologies which include project management, development, service management and system architecture.
- May be required to work off-hours and on weekends for projects and/or support.
- Some travel may be required.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GEDrequired.
- Bachelor’s (or foreign equivalent) or higher level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience with Microsoft products, to include Windows OS and Office suites, desktop hardware, and customer service required.
- Functional and technical knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating
Systems (Windows 7), Microsoft Software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.), and basic TCP/IP networking (DHCP, Gateway, Firewall, and IP tools such as ipconfig, tracert, and ping) required.
- Ability to successfully complete the TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Card) process required.