The Senior Hyperion Administrator will serve as lead system owner and subject matter expert for the Hyperion EPM suite of tools in the IT Application Development Group. This includes management, configuration/development, and operations support of the Hyperion EPM suite of which expertise is required in Hyperion Financial Management, Essbase, Financial Reporting and Data Integration (FDMEE). This position is accountable for the monthly close processes, maintenance, issues analysis and new development supporting Hyperion v11 components in addition to proactively identifying enhancement opportunities to the Hyperion suite as implemented. Understand, interpret and transform business problems, opportunities and requirements for recommending solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Administration of Hyperion Financial Management, Essbase, reporting, security, FDMEE, and troubleshooting system issues
- Lead administrator supports IT database teams in analyzing EPM system messages, performing LCM backups/restores, developing new FDMEE locations, testing new patches and upgrades, monitoring, troubleshooting performance issues, and promoting application objects for the applications in scope.
- Working with Smart View in both HFM and Essbase
- Perform month-end closing tasks and support the business during the close cycle.
- Adapt and optimize all applications for changes to business structure and strategy
- Migrating artifacts between different environments using Hyperion LCM
- Validate and reconcile system during implementations and upgrades
- Weekend and off-hours work sometimes required, particularly around month-end closing
- Ad-hocfinancial analysis
- Responsible for periodic upgrades to Hyperion applications to optimize functionality and compatibility
- Ensures data integrity and accuracy with Hyperion applications. Develops and implements the necessary operational controls.
- Ensures the timely and accurate generation of all reporting, ensuring consistency and standardization amongst the various types of reports and databases.
- Trains users in all aspects of new software.
- Works with other departments, including Finance and Accounting, to review business and system requirements, processes and/or systems design, plans for build, test and post-implementation to ensure successful implementation and execution for the Finance Teams
- Works to develop, maintain and support metadata and data in all applications.
- Hyperion Financial Management knowledge: creation of data forms, data grids, process management, task workflows, journal entry, and consolidation.
- Develop Business Rules and Member Lists.
Experience / Education:
- Typically requires 5–7 years of related experience with a 4 yeardegree; or 3 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent work experience.
- Extensively worked with Hyperionsecurity, using Shared Services for HFM and Essbase filtering.