WSP is currently seeking a Senior Hydraulics Engineer to join our Municipal Engineering department, located at our Dartmouth office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for the design of sanitary sewers, watermains, storm sewers, pumping stations, treatment facilities and other municipal infrastructure.
- Undertake hydraulic model studies for pipeline and distribution systems.
- Support field tests and inspections, e.g. pump stations, pipelines.
- Produce clear documents and briefings on time: memos, minutes, reports.
- Understanding of control and automation systems as it relates to water and wastewater pumping stations
- Minimum 10 years’ experience preferred in consulting engineering or a related industry
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (other language an asset).
- Analytical and engineering software skills, specifically for hydraulics & piping.
- Technical knowledge and experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, calculations and design
- Knowledge in valves, piping, pumps or 2D or 3D modeling an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to take on a challenge, adapt and succeed.
- Junior staff mentoring and client liaison experience
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).