Job ID: BEC013804
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or at www.beckmancoulter.com.Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reporting to the Director of HR for Hematology and Urinalysis Business Unit, the Senior Human Resources Representative will serve as the HR business partner for multiple functions at the Miami, FL site. The Senior HR Rep will work with his/her business partners and direct HR team to establish and deliver a broad range of HR services to the organization. This includes but is not limited to providing leadership and direction in the following critical areas within HR: talent acquisition and talent management planning practices; engagement and retention; organizational development and training; compensation and benefits; associate and labor relations; HR compliance, and general policy administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise and partner with the business on all human capital initiatives and activities for client group
- Drives the talent management agenda for client groups. Responsible for talent OTA process deliverables and leadership development including coaching leaders regarding team development and professional development of associates.
- Consults with leaders on talent management and organizational design changes and delivers change management consultation to clients.
- Drives and manages Workforce Planning and Headcount management for client group, drives talent acquisition process aligned with standard work, working directly with talent acquisition team to source, interview and hire talent to fill open positions. Drives all recruitment process metrics for the site utilizing daily management and PSP’s to ensure efficiency and effectiveness. Engages manager to be accountable to fill positions within targets, trains on process and ensures onboarding process is effective for new associates.
- Drives and manages Performance Management processes including coaching leaders on tough conversations, co-creating performance improvement plans and ensuring leaders are following through with the annual performance process.
- Deliver training programs to the site on BC/Danaher people processes – Performance for Growth, Development Planning, Interviewing and other key programs being implemented.
- Drive compensation activities that support base and variable pay processes for client groups; provides guidance to managers on BC’s compensation policies and practices. Provides guidance to managers on job description, job leveling and works with local Compensation SME to adhere to FLSA criteria. Drive organization efficiency by driving empty seat Kaizen with managers.
- Lead employee relations and partners with managers to maintain positive employee relations for client group. Respond to employee concerns, conducts investigations, and guides managers in maintaining positive employee relations. Guides managers through the RIF process, prepares business cases and follows Standard Work and ensures compliance with employment-related laws.
- Has personal ownership for key HR metrics (recruitment, development, retention, etc.) Defines countermeasures and action plans.
- Properly execute corporate policies and HR programs ensuring quality, delivery and cost.
- Become a Danaher Business System (DBS) practitioner. Apply DBS tools to HR – Standard Work, Daily Management, PSP, Kaizen, data and analytics. DBS is the organizational culture that encompasses continuous improvement and policy deployment of strategic initiatives
- Leads in developing best practices and implementing policies and processes as applicable.
- This role will also play a key role on the Miami site engagement committee.
- Travel required up to 10-20% of time
- Conduct any additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; Master’s degreepreferred
- BA in Human Resources or related field with 5+ years of HRexperience or MA in Human Resources or related field with 3+ years of experience
- Strong understanding and previous experience in talent acquisition, including competency-based recruitment, process management, metrics and onboarding.
- Working knowledge of employment law and employee relations practices.
- Good judgment, critical thinking and influencing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and understand the implications their actions and the HR function will have on the organizational demands of a rapidly evolving company.
- Additional professional qualifications will include, but not be limited to:
- Results oriented – has track record for delivery results, takes ownership and is accountable
- Embraces and thrives on challenge and stretch goals
- Continuous improvement oriented – has familiarity with lean and change management principles and how to apply them to HR
- Customer Service oriented and ability to managing to tight deadlines
- Proven ability to operate within a matrix organization across multiple site locations.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills; able to manage and influence the team to drive the HR functions.
- Strong organizational, analytical and management skills. Possess strong project management skills.
- Is a team player who recognizes the importance of relationship management and builds credibility through action and results
- Previous experience in the Biotechnology/Life Sciences industry will be an advantage
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.