The primary responsibility of the Senior Human Resources Manager will be to act as the lead site HR business partner to our Genetic Sciences Division operation in Pleasanton, California. This role will partner with key leadership to advance organizational capability, drive change, define organizational needs, determine training & development opportunities, partner to resolve employee issues and contribute to the achievement of divisional strategic and operating plan objectives. This individual must possess the ability to quickly grasp the business objectives and strategies of multiple clients groups and leverage human resources capabilities to support the achievement of those objectives.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Consult with functional leaders in areas such as organizational assessment, succession planning, organizational structure and work force planning change management in order to strengthen overall organizational capability.
- Ensures alignment of HRprocesses i.e., Human Resources Review (HRR), Performance Management and Development (PMD), Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR), etc. with strategic and operating goals.
- Drive the HR component of the business strategy through planning, developing, and implementing HR initiatives that increase the productivity, competence, and effectiveness of assigned client groups.
- Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal complaints to resolution, discipline and/or terminations in line with local culture and the business and legal environment.
- Drive employee engagement and satisfaction through promotion of a positive One Thermo Fisher company culture while balancing employee concerns with all levels of company goals.
- Ensure effective talent management including recruitment, assessment and development as the organization grows both organically as well as through acquisition.
- Assist managers in assessing and identifying resources to meet employee/departmental training needs and encouragement of employees to continuously develop their skills in their field of work.
- Manage the partnership with the talent acquisition center, including staffing coordination and job requisition management.
- Manage the annual performance and salary reviews as well as the variable pay programs.
- Responsible for remaining up to date on relevant US, and state employment laws and other human resources compliance issues. Update management on policies/processes as necessary.
- Responsible for oversight and coordination of any regulatory requirements including OSHA compliance and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Participate and/or lead Division HR projects focused on continuous improvement of core programs and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Senior Human Resources generalist from a large multi-national company with 7+ years of experience. Experience supporting both exempt and non-exempt employee populations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning program required. Majors in either Human Resources or a business related field required; an MBA or Masters in Labor Relations is preferred.
- Demonstrated success translating business strategies into organizational and HR strategies & actions.
- Comprehensive HRexperience, including a complete understanding of and hands-on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- Experience working across a complex organizational matrix.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and policies have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- He/she should be someone who is sought out for their opinion and advice and who can forge and maintain close relationships across all constituencies.
- Self motivated; bias for action.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong analytical skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.