The Senior Human Resources Generalist is a key member of the Belts team and responsible for supporting the Human Resource and organizational advancement activities for the Timken Belts business. Responsibilities encompass both operational Human Resources and organizational development activities, including maintaining positive associate relations, consulting with the global business on organization design and effectiveness, leading culture change, driving performance management and talent management processes, team building, conducting workforce planning and associate development. This position reports to the Human Resources Manager for the Timken Belts business.
Following are responsibilities of the Senior Human Resources Generalist position:
- Serve as an integral member and partner of the Timken Belts Human Resources team for operations in Springfield, MO partnering with the key stakeholders in operations and execution of Human Resources strategy for the belts business.
- Deliver Human Resources and organizational development services for Springfield, MO manufacturing site in the following areas.
- Support and execute Springfield, MO manufacturing site Human Resources strategy aligned with Belts business plan.
- Support a strategic workforce plan for all groups with development and staffing plans.
Operations & Change Management:
- Facilitate change management, coaching leaders on critical Human Resources processes such as adoption of behavioral based interviewing, position based evaluation and manager self-service Human Resources through deployment of a fully integrated SuccessFactors Human Resources Suite.
- Support the completion of strategic enterprise-wide Human Resources initiatives.
- Assess and build bench strength, driving application of talent development, succession planning and leadership competencies.
- Be knowledgeable in safety and employment compliance standards related to the business.
- Support and contribute to plant-wide communication across different operation stakeholders and associates.
- Coach leaders and associates on Human Resources policies and practices.
- Drive performance management (including disciplinary action) and talent management processes.
- Drive positive associate relations within the organization.
- Ensure that effective associate relations are maintained Human Resources through consistent application of plant and corporate policies as well as applicable regulations.
- Associate Relations (grievance, disciplinary actions, compliance) & Labor Relations for the bargaining unit.
Human Resources Systems/Services:
- Develop recruiting and retention strategies for key roles and execute staffing plans.
- HRIS and workforcereporting, headcount and data analysis.
- Direct/counsel Springfield, MO team on compensation, job descriptions, job titles and internal associate movement.
- Manage the selection, placement and record-keeping of full time, part time, and contingent personnel and ensure compliance with Affirmative Action requirements.
- The position will require some travel between the Springfield, MO manufacturing facility and Fort Scott manufacturing facility.
- Familiarity with applicable compliance laws as well as federal, state and local regulations.
- Training and development experience.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Education & Relevant Experience:
•All aspects of this job require intimate knowledge of a manufacturing culture.
•Practical experience should include plant floor interactions, demonstrated leadership abilities and problem solving abilities.
•Strong communication with operations teams and leaders.
•Five years experience in manufacturing is an enabler to success.
•Experience with management-union interactions or support is a plus .
BachelorDegree in Business, Social Sciences, Human Resources with 4 years minimum experience in a Human Resource Generalist role or talent development role in a manufacturing setting or Masters of Business in Human Resources Organizational Development or related discipline with 1 years minimum experience.
BachelorDegree in Business, Social Sciences, Human Resources with 6 years minimum experience in a Human Resource Generalist role or talent development role in a manufacturing setting or Masters of Business in Human Resources Organizational Development or related discipline with 3 years minimum experience.