Senior Human Resources Generalist
8 - 10 years experience • Building Materials
NCI Building Systems, Inc. is one of North America's largest integrated manufacturers of metal products for the nonresidential building industry. NCI is comprised of a family of companies operating manufacturing facilities across the United States and Mexico, with additional sales and distribution offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
The Human Resources Generalist will support the NCI corporate functions to include Finance, Accounting, Credit, Legal, Marketing, Human Resources, IT, and Procurement.
This role will provide HR leadership in the following areas: performance management, employee relations, talent management, compensation, engagement, leadership coaching, and change management.
They will ensure consistent application of company policies and procedures and compliance with all laws/statutes regulating the employment relationship. They will partner withHR leadership and COEs on implementation of HR strategy and companywide initiatives.
- Promote and support the business and HR strategies designed to align the NCI business lines and grow the business
- Drive performance culture through manager coaching and effective use of metrics and tools
- Ensure culture reflects NCI mission, vision, and values through proactive employee relations and leadership coaching
- Proactively use data/metrics to help leaders manage the business
- Partner with talent acquisition COE to build organizational bench strength by acting as a liaison with the business to enable recruitment of top talent with a strong cultural fit
- Mitigate risk to the organization by assisting with employee relations including disciplinary action, complaints, and conflict resolution.
- Assist with investigations and documentation in accordance with NCI policies and best practices.
- Implement and execute performance management programs and procedures, including but not limited to performance appraisals and performance improvement plans.
- Ensure compliance with applicable state and federal employment regulations and company policies.
- Advise, counsel, and update managers, supervisors, and employees on company policies, practices, procedures, benefits, and wages
- Lead and participate in HR projects as needed, including cross functional and business initiatives
- This role is a human resources generalist with a full range of experience in coaching, employee relations, change management, and performance management. Must possess the ability to manage a broad range of tasks and build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally. Ability to prepare written reports and correspondence, and presentations to leadership as required. Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired
- 7 or more years in an HR Generalist or Business Partner role
- Strong influence and change management skills
- Ability to counsel and coach at all levels
- Problem-solving skills, with the ability to generate pragmatic, win-win solutions
- Judgment and decision-making skills
- Proactive and results-oriented
- Ability to manage competing priorities, delivering quality work in a timely manner