ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the organization heavily in maintaining a productive and issue-free environment through proactive measures and expedient resolution of conflicts. Further, works to maintain an issue-free environment through open communications and with high visibility (frequent HR floor time) and accessibility to the employees.
- Provides direction to employees and supervision regarding at a minimum, but not limited to: employee relations, employee development, leadership development, training, compensation, performance management, and staffing. Also, directs the interpretation and application of established policies and procedures in accordance with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Learns the business and the operations. Performs as a business partner and HR Generalist for assigned departments.
- Reviews, administers, and improves key HR processes.
- Leads and participates in policy review teams and in policy revisions.
- Manages the annual and mid-year Performance Management process for assigned departments.
- Assists employees’ questions pertaining to compensation and routine policy questions.
- Assists in the recruitment and hiring process of hourly and salaried positions when necessary.
- Recommends, develops and maintains human resource data bases, computer software systems, and manual filing systems.
- Prepares various scheduled and ad hoc reports of employee data contained in the HRIS.
- Assists local management in handling FMLA and ADAAA situations.
- Participates, under minimum supervision, in broad assignments requiring originality and ingenuity. Conducts the development of each assignment. Coordinates activity of assigned personnel. Confers with supervisor on unusual matters. Prepares status reports on work in progress.
- Verifies eligibility and prepares personnel transaction notices (PTNs) for automatic pay rate changes and for job/pay changes requested by supervisors and managers.
- Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing in a timely fashion.
- Prepares and distributes various reports as needed.
- Maintains memberships in area Employer Associations, professional groups and other similar organizations to keep abreast of local practices and stay current with employment law.
- Provide Company responses to outside agency requests.
- Leads and/or participates on local, division, and/or corporate projects.
- Performs data analysis and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the position described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the role.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- For Sr. HR Generalist, the position requires Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field and 5-7+ years’ experience; PHR preferred. Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- In lieu of degree, the position requires a minimum of approximately 5+ years of manufacturing supervisory/leadership experience preferably at the Elmore facility.
ADDITIONAL EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills; works with minimum supervision, takes initiative and proactively seeks areas for improvement.
- Must be kind, empathetic, ethical, and have a keen awareness about the importance of fair judgment and confidentiality.
- Independent and a strong team player who enjoys interaction with people of all levels in an organization.
- Ability to navigate through tough conversations; demonstrates patience and excellent listening skills. Proven ability to deal with conflict and diffuse difficult situations; must be able to objectively coach and counsel employees at all levels on complex or sensitive issues.
- Must be able to investigate and research information, analyze data, and use sound judgment to draw valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also be able to manage multiple priorities and work under deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to communicate well with employees at every level in both written and oral formats.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to anticipate future issues and/or opportunities and provide solutions.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and HRIS.