We are seeking a Senior Human Resources Consultant – PSJH to be responsible for serving as a strategic consultant to HR Strategic Partners who face complex employee relations matters where content and subject-matter expertise is needed. The role includes ensuring consistent and best practice approaches to positive employee and labor relations, adherence to HR policies, compliance with regulatory and policy requirements and standards, investigations, and recommendations for workplace environment improvement. Additional areas of accountability include employee relations research, identifying trends and patterns and need for critical intervention, labor relations research, dispute alternatives and policy development, effective recordkeeping, data integrity, and affirmative action planning. Provides expertise and appropriate competency based systems to support regulatory requirements to include federal and state employment, JCAHO, CMS, OSBN, OSHA and other healthcare related agency requirements. Maintains HR metrics and dashboards and reports to other HR professionals so actions can be aligned with findings.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with HR staff to manage risk and provide consistency in the administration and delivery of HR services (Risk Management, regulatory bodies, EEOC and state agencies-Affirmative Action, Worker’s Comp, ADA/LOA, Wage & Hour, Wrongful Discharge)
- Serves as a strategic consultant to HR Strategic Partners on complex employee and labor relations matters where content and subject-matter expertise is needed.
- Analyzes and interprets HR data and other data sources for trends and opportunities
- Advocates fair & consistent workplace practices in accordance with mission, values, legal parameters
- Promotes and utilizes HR technology, metrics, and systems to support the overall needs of the business. Collaborates with HR partners and others if new tools are needed to ensure customers are provided trend reports and analytics in the most efficient manner
- Conducts complex ER assessments and/or investigations where additional expertise beyond HRSP is needed. Works collaboratively with HR Strategic Partners and others, including legal counsel as appropriate, to address findings and make recommendations.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or related field or equivalent experience in lieu of degree and SPHR/PHR certificate.
- 8 Years experience at an exempt level as an HR Strategic Partner or HR Consultant.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of employee relations principles, including federal and state laws, company policies, and collective bargaining agreements. Works collaboratively to address and proactively avoid employee relations issues.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of employment law and human resources policies and practices.
- Demonstrates understanding of human resource management programs and their interrelationships. Appropriately understands and applies policies and procedures on day to day issues. Demonstrates ability to develop strategic responses and resolutions to complex employee matters.
- Demonstrates ability to interpret and administer collective bargaining agreements, draft defensible grievance responses, identify potential unfair labor practices, and negotiate the contract renewal process.
- Demonstrates ability to conduct timely, confidential and thorough investigations, as well as evaluating data collected and making logical recommendations for closure.
- Demonstrates advanced experience in one of the following specialty areas: labor relations, ADAAA, Leaves of Absence, Affirmative Action, mediation, or OD.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to explain processes, designs, and procedures. Excellent proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Demonstrates outstanding communications skills including verbal communications and the written word.
- Demonstrates and utilizes basic computer skills to operate a PC and use common office software, databases and HRIS. Proficient in MS Office suite.
- Demonstrates outstanding facilitation and mediation skills. Knowledge of structured meeting procedures.
- Pro-actively identifies ways to enhance or improve programs, processes and systems.
- Orientation towards win-win problem resolution.
- Detail oriented.
- Demonstrates ability to research and digest information pertinent to new and or unexpected events/projects.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and plan complex and long term projects taking into consideration multiple information sources.
- Demonstrates ability to listen for key messages/themes. Identifies all sides of the issues with the ability to separate facts and data from emotion.
- Demonstrated skills in working collaboratively, courteously and tactfully with difficult situations and/or people to identify issues and solve problems.
- Knowledge of statistics and ability to interpret/trend data.
- Leadership – Demonstrates ability to influence others to accomplish an objective. Is not afraid to make difficult decisions and take appropriate action when necessary, even when the decisions are not favorable.
- Customer Focused - Addresses customer problems promptly and manages to resolution while keeping the customer’s well-being in mind in all situations. Demonstrates recognition and respect for the dignity of each person and demonstrates care, empathy and compassion for others.
- Mission & Values - Actively supports and incorporates the mission and core values into daily activities. Treats all others with respect and demonstrates excellence, justice and compassion in daily work and relationships with others. Demonstrates ability to engage in values based decision making.
- Service Commitment - Demonstrates competency by placing a high priority on service to everyone encountered. Consistently shows the characteristic of service excellence.
- Team Member - Demonstrates competency by maintaining positive, constructive interpersonal relationships, and by understanding and practicing the principles of effective teamwork.
- Confidentiality/Privacy - Protects confidential/private information related to patients, members, employees, and others. Exercises discretion, sensitivity, tact and respect for confidentiality at all times.
- Attendance and Punctuality - Demonstrates performance by adhering to established policies and procedure and exhibiting the defined characteristics associated with attendance and punctuality.
- Respect for Diversity - Demonstrates competency by knowing and applying the principles of an inclusive work environment.
- Ability to travel extensively and adapt to unique working conditions/environments
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Multi-site/location, multi-line of business, and/or integrated health system experience.