thyssenkrupp Elevator Corporation is currently seeking a Senior Human Resources Business Partner in Downers Grove, IL. This position functions as an experienced HR business partner and consultant to thyssenkrupp Elevator's leadership teams. Responsible for supporting the life cycle of the region's workforce from candidacy of employment through career development and departure as necessary. Essential FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Acts as primary point of contact for senior leaders, providing expertise and guidance in the areas of performance management, change management, coaching, and talent assessment
- Acts as a direct liaison with branch and regional employees to efficiently and timely respond to internal customer inquiries regarding company policies and practices, benefits and work questions, and training opportunities
- Develops and manages specific HR programs and projects to support the organization's strategic plans and to drive engagement
- Partners with other HR team members on company-wide initiatives and drives projects to successful and timely delivery.
- Leads recruiting efforts and administrative follow up of regional trainee programs. Includes overseeing orientation, field training, completion of training phases and placement into sales and management positions
- Investigates employee and manager complaints. Reviews findings with director and management, and assists with follow up actions, including counseling and training.
- Assists managers with recruiting efforts and advises on offer letter compensation and relocation to attract top candidates
- Creates, implements, and supports competitive attraction and retention strategies in partnership with the Talent Acquisition and Management Development teams
- Administers various functions involving leave of absences, including HCM system administration, communication with The Hartford, informing employees of their rights, return to work, ADA extensions and status of employment
- Facilitates performance management process with managers and employees, by answering questions and providing training. Ensures that management is completing process stages in a timely manner and process in effective and positive for employees.Reviews employment actions and requests termination approval through corporate human resources and labor relations
- Reviews affirmative action data and compiles responses to OFCCP audits
- Visits regional, branch and district offices to perform human resources audits, pulse checks with employees and management, career counseling, and training.
- Leads onboarding activities for new hires and ensures that follow-up activities are conducted. Includes processing new hire paperwork and ensuring compliance with local, state and federal laws
- Reviews and audits time and attendance files to ensure approvals are in compliance with company policy and local, state and federal laws
- Maintains data integrity of HCM system, and updates employment data as necessary
TravelOvernight and extended travel may be expected approximately 30%.
- Minimum 8 years relevant work experience in human resources with a strong recruiting, performance management, and employee relations background, driving HR processes across distributed structures
- BA/BS college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR/SPHR certification strongly desired
- Strong HR Generalist background with core competencies in the areas of recruiting, compensation and benefits, human capital management, employee relations, talent development, organizational change, labor relations, employee development, and performance management
- Possess strong business acumen with the ability to serve as a key member of the HR Field Terrority team
- Able to work in a matrix environment to influence and drive HR best practices across operations and varying organizational levels