JOB PURPOSE: Provide the full range of human resources services for assigned schools, units, or client organizations. Manage staff related issues, policies, programs, and processes. Work independently and under general direction to address a variety of complex problems and/or organizational issues, interacting with a diverse group of individuals in an active, fast-paced, and challenging environment. Supervise other staff, as needed.
- Collaborate with the organization's management to support initiatives by understanding the organization's objectives, issues, needs, and key success factors. Participate in planning processes and promote best practices; provide leadership for workforce planning efforts.
- Design strategies for facilitating organizational and behavioral change. Perform needs assessment, analysis, and consulting on organizational issues; make recommendations on organizational design and development issues.
- Investigate basic and complex employee relations issues, and initiate appropriate resolution; recommend and facilitate effective solutions in alignment with applicable policies and laws. Work in consultation with human resources director and/or employee/labor relations staff to resolve highly complex issues, as needed. Coach and advise staff on organizational, employee, and labor relations issues.
- Oversee performance appraisal process; design procedures and documents specific to the organization, as needed. Provide relevant coaching and guidance.
- Oversee organizational- wide view of talent management (recruitment and staffing plans), and structure offers. Support or lead higher level searches, and advise on affirmative action objectives, as needed.
- Manage area's salary-setting program. Advise managers on assignment of employees to appropriate classification levels; review and approve salary actions; design and/or manage incentive and bonus programs, as needed.
- Assess organizational and individual staff development needs. Identify, communicate, and consult with staff on training and career development opportunities. Develop and conduct relevant training, and participate in training design.
- Possess knowledge and have ability to assist with managing processes for workers' compensation, disability, leave, work place accommodation requests, and health and safety issues; inform managers and human resources director, as needed. Act as a resource to others in organization, and oversee the accurate documentation and recordkeeping.
- Oversee and approve human resources transactions submitted for processing. Prepare reports, and analyze data available through local and centralized database resources.
* - Other duties may also be assigned MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience as a consultant and advisor to management in at least four human resources areas, including: employee relations, employment and labor law, compensation, staffing and employment, training and development, performance coaching and management, and organizational development.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and understanding of group dynamics. Successful track record of establishing credibility and trust with a diverse client group.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, judgment, negotiating, influencing, and decision making skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent facilitation and oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare clear and concise reports and deliver formal presentations or training to senior management and other audiences.
- Strong supervision/management and staff development experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite and human resource information systems.
- Strong experience working in unionized environment and managing a collective bargaining agreement.