SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner provides human resources consultation, support, and solutions to one or more large and/or complex designated business unit(s) or functions. Interprets human resources policies, programs, and guidelines and in the areas of employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, learning and development, and other Human Resources areas. Serves as an acquisition integration manager for the HR function, managing the HR side of acquisitions across the businesses in the US.
- Serves as a point of contact for the assigned business units or functions for all HR-related matters.
- Serves as an acquisition integration manager for the HR function, managing the HR side of acquisitions for the assigned business unit.
- Provides guidance to business leaders to promote engagement, increase productivity and retention, strengthen working relationships, build morale, and support a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Partners with business leaders and line managers to assess the business, processes, concerns, and challenges and ensure integrated HR solutions and strategies are aligned to business needs.
- Manages employee relations issues, diagnoses root causes, and identifies appropriate interventions. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations. Recommends methods to minimize or prevent future issues.
- Supports business leaders in the development and implementation of the optimal organizational structure.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides input for job reclassifications, staff reassignments, business unit reorganizations, and reductions in workforce. Prepares or approves paperwork for transfers, promotions, severance, termination, confirmations of employment, etc., and completes HRIS action form.
- Utilizes workforce data analysis to improve business or function’s effectiveness.
- Reviews Human Resources policies and practices and recommends improvements for the optimum achievement of intended purposes of such documents and practices, and achievement of the HR business plan.
- Ensures compliance with labor law requirements, state legislation, company policies, and procedures.
- Partners with regional and country HR teams (Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, Employee Development) to implement initiatives that support workforce planning, talent acquisition and retention, succession planning, employee engagement, and organizational design.
- Partners with Compensation to facilitate resolution of complex compensation-related issues within business or function; supports the creation of new job descriptions and career ladders, provides information for job evaluations to ensure internal equity and market competitiveness; assists business leaders in annual performance review and salary increase processes.
- Supervises daily activities of the HR coordinator, trains, coaches, establishes goals, and conducts performance review.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Represents HR in the cross-functional teams and participates in cross-functional SGS projects.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business Administration or related discipline.
- 10+ years of professional human resources experience with 5+ years of experience in a core HR functional area or as an HR Generalist.
- Dispersed and hourly workforce across the US and across multiple shifts and time zones.
- Experience managing HR function for mergers and acquisitions.
- Building a contingent workforce attracting talent from trade schools and universities, i.e., staff up and staff down based on workload.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR).
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability