The Spirit of the Position:
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner works as the strategic partner supporting the company’s business initiatives by facilitating the assigned regions’ Human Resources teams in establishing and meeting professional, compliant, fun and people-first employment practices. As a company devoted to promoting an employee-focused, servant leadership culture, the Senior Human Resources Business Partner acts as a liaison between the programs and initiatives originating from our Founding Partners and Home Office HR leaders to support the individual needs of our operational teams throughout the assigned regions.
- Leads the HR teams in the assigned regions to results aligned with business needs.
- This position is based in Chicago, Illinois.
- Region includes: Illinois, Missouri, Minnesota, Colorado, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and West Virginia which includes a unionized and non-unionized employee base.
- Acts as the liaison between home office human resources and field human resources teams for the distribution and roll-out of existing and new human resources programs as well as company-wide initiatives.
- Partners with regions’ operations teams and the home office to develop strategies for increasing efficiency, saving money and being more effective with HR processes.
- Manages the administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs. Responsible for understanding, interpreting, administering and mediating any and all forms of inquiry that arise relating to human resources.
- Fosters and maintains a consultative relationship with internal stakeholders, including operations teams, regional management and the home office.
- Educates assigned regional Human Resources teams on appropriate guidelines on maintaining a legally-compliant workplace.
- Identifies and leads the development of high potential employees to support the organization’s continued growth.
- Acts as an escalation for regional HRBPs and provides leadership and support.
- Educates others on best practices for identifying and developing talent.
- Supports assigned field human resources teams in facilitating and resolving policy, wage and hour and employee relations issues in accordance with company policy.
- Facilitates and resolves policy and employee relations issues in assigned region according to company policy.
- Builds a strategy for and executes the annual benefits open enrollment effort in for assigned regions.
- Maintains compliance with all state and federal laws in regions.
- Updates forms, policies, procedures as needed in coordination with the home office.
- Leads/manages recruiting and staffing efforts for region; responsible for senior leadership full-cycle recruitment for the assigned region.
- Manages employee learning initiatives, safety, wellness and health and employee communications for the assigned regions.
- Manages employee relations cases for the assigned regions, such as union arbitrations, EEOC and unemployment hearings.
- Assists assigned field human resources teams and operations teams with performance management, including coaching and counseling.
- Actively manages workers compensation claims and compliance for assigned region, as well as drives the regions’ safety strategy.
- Understands, interprets, administers and mediates any and all forms of inquiry that arise relating to executed collective bargaining agreements.
- Leverage analytics, data and reporting to identify better ways to drive results.
- 25% travel.
- Others related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- PHR / SHRM-CP certification is preferred.
- Master’s degree in Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Management or Organizational Leadership preferred.
- 7-10 years Human Resources experience with emphasis on employee relations.
- 5+ years leading/managing a work team.
- Strong employee relations, workers compensation, and benefits experience and practices.
- Experience implementing and/or leveraging organizational development models.
- Experience managing in a union environment including union negotiations, building relationships with union representative, managing the grievance and arbitration process, etc.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Strong consultative skills.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.