The Senior Human Resources Business Partner will be responsible for the following under the direction of the VP, HR:
Implement Business and HR strategy and programs
- Engage designated leaders (CEO, CFO, CNO, Dept., Directors, etc.) to understand talent needs of the businesses and define people strategies
- Implement HCA-wide and location-specific HR initiatives
- If applicable, work with the VP of HR and the Labor Relations Center of Excellence to support Labor Relations strategy (i.e., grievance procedures must involve Labor Relations).
Advise leaders on people issues
- Partner with the executive leadership team to analyze and prioritize the critical business challenges faced by the organization, and deploy appropriate HR interventions in collaboration with appropriate COE.
- Participate in periodic business strategic planning and review cycles; act as the human capital strategy architect to proactively work with COE teams to identify and deploy HR interventions to meet business requirements
- Proactively obtain, interpret and present metrics and analysis to business leaders to inform decisions (performance, attrition, hiring, vacancy, employee engagement/sensing, and other data)
- Advise business leaders on change management, performance issues, responding to employee or community concerns, compliance or ethics investigations, etc.
- Provide HR observations related to departmental issues in meetings and one-on-one. Interpret talent management data for departments and work with VP of HR to develop appropriate initiatives.
- Coach designated leaders through change management, performance management issues, etc.
- Respond to leader questions and requests for information, point them to appropriate self-service tools
Deploy development programs
- Advise leaders on learning and organizational development. May include program implementation such as ensuring completion of employee development plans, updating the succession plan and implementing other programs and tools.
- Deploy HCA career development program tools and processes. Includes coaching leaders, participating in employee career counseling and feedback sessions, equipping managers with standard tools for coaching, feedback & planning.
Support Employee & Community engagement
- Promote and foster a healthy work environment; raise awareness of available programs to assist employees. Implement appropriate employee engagement programs and union avoidance initiatives (as applicable).
- Interpret and drive departmental action planning as a result of employee engagement surveys; assess facility “temperature” through formal and informal sensing and plan actions with department managers.
- Counsel managers and employees on situational issues; resolve employee conflicts.
Implement business performance, quality and patient care initiatives
- Partner with designated leaders to uphold all compliance standards (Joint Commission, Dept. of Labor, HR policies, etc.) and create an environment of compliance/excellence
- Support employee relations, ethics, or compliance investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from employees or managers
- Deploy performance management/appraisal program tools and processes in their assigned facility areas. Includes coaching, participating in assigning ratings, feedback sessions and developing performance improvement plans.
- Advise designated leaders on performance counseling and discipline procedures; consult on suspension or termination of employment actions; provide information on RIF processes and severance
- Escalate major issues to VP of HR and/or HR Center of Excellence/HR Service Centers when appropriate
- Support measurement of productivity and addressing of productivity issues
Execute HR operational excellence
- Work with VP of HR and all HR Centers of Excellence to give feedback on strategies and programs to more effectively meet the needs of businesses
- Prepare managers for the compensation planning process and provide compensation budget information.
- Support Total Rewards COE with benefits enrollment at facility level
- Work with designated department leaders on workforce planning, including position control/review; aligning with budget, productivity metrics, resourcing processes, etc. Review and localize job descriptions and compensation with Recruiting and Compensation Centers of Excellence. Assist leadership with temporary/PRN workforce planning & implementation, internship/externship placements and other non-RFT talent processes.
- Facilitate local interview process for hiring. Develop and deliver local onboarding and facility orientation programs
- Support effective leader and employee communications
- Support utilization of the HR support model; guide employees to the appropriate channel and ensure proper utilization of HR policies and processes.
- 7+ years of professional HR experience (performance management, change management, engagement, succession planning, retention, etc.)
- Strong employee relations background (anticipate, identify and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues).
- Healthcare and/or hospital experience highly preferred.
- Undergraduate college degree required, Masters highly desired.
- Interpreting external business content
- Decoding customer expectations
- Co-crafting a strategic agenda
- Earning trust through results
- Influencing/relating to others
- Improving through self-awareness
- Building our leadership brand
- Improving our human capital through workforce planning and analytics
- Developing talent
- Shaping organizations & comms practices
- Driving performance
- Improving utility of HR operations
- Leveraging social media tools
- Connecting people through technology
- Capitalizing on organizational capability
- Aligning strategy, culture, practices & behavior
- Creating a meaningful work environment