We are currently looking for a fantastic Senior HR Partner to be responsible for HR operations in our Boston office and be the in-house expert for everything people related. We are a team of super smart people that live on passion, creativity, commitment, and fun, and the fact that everyone makes an impact here. Creating our space in a new industry is not for everyone. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, work-hard, play-hard environment.
We care about people, growth, excellence and results. We tend to lose sleep over them as this is not easy. Bottom line, we are in search of real people that believe in and deliver the impossible every day.
What We Expect You to Do:
- Make the impossible possible
- On the tactical side, field and answer questions related to employment; including benefits, payroll, onboarding, policies, compliance, workers comp
- Conduct investigations related to workplace fraud, harassment, discrimination and safety
- With a deep understanding of employment law, elegantly handle all investigations and articulate the possible outcomes
- Partner with internal groups on cross-functional projects and represent HR as a super smart team member
- Partner closely with executives on workforce strategies and onboarding of talent
- Manage all employee relations matters within our Boston office and support the US and international locations as needed
- Partner with legal and leadership to address any performance management issues, development, and resolutions for employees
- Work with internal teams towards the advancement people data analytics, mainly relating to the collection and maintenance of all people data
- Embody our culture through behavior and interactions
- Invite and promote constructive and ongoing feedback – be normal and be a workplace role model
- Be a credible activist for your clients, your team and our mission
- Speak “business”, not “HR”. We don’t much like “HR” lingo and some of it is just silly . . . PIP this!
- Be a leader throughout DataRobot – speak up, exert influence to create positive change and manage your boss, when needed.
- Be a trusted business partner and coach to our leaders
- Know, learn and keep up-to-date on the HR improvements
What We Are Looking For:
- Has a profound knowledge of employment law and can quickly research and outline differences in legal requirements across different States
- Understand a variety of compensation approaches and benefits, including competitive offerings and requirements
- Ability to travel both domestic and international
- A collaborative leadership style with the ability to influence others into action and to think creatively about solutions
- Passion for the business; driven to accomplish and meet objectives
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of HR or relevant experience (work with engineering organizations and engineering leaders a plus)
- Proven track record of positively influencing teams and their leaders
- Experience handling complex investigations and employee relations issues
- Ability to connect and engage with all squads at all levels and treat everyone as equal
- A sense of urgency – if you have it, then you are probably applying to this position right now!
- Communicate so everyone can understand what the heck you are trying to say; Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, and negotiation skills, positive attitude and high level of initiative
- Ability to build rapport with employees and managers of all levels
- Ability to work with a high sense of urgency, and remain flexible within a highly dynamic, changing environment while successfully meeting objectives
- Highly motivated, self-directed, quick learner with the ability to multitask
- Actively seeks new ways to grow and be challenged, showing energy for and commitment to learning new and innovative recruiting methods
- Affinity for learning the company’s product lines and technology