With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Human Resources department as a Senior HR Business Partner - Central Region, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
- Lead human resources initiatives and functions for a designated region of stores and effectively partner and support the regional and area leadership teams in order to drive sustained results in sales, operations, and service.
- Accountable for the strategic and tactical support to the regional director, focusing on the implementation of strategic and operational programs for human resources.
- Partner with the area/regional leadership team to assess area/regional stores and determine human resources needs.
- Lead and execute strategic human resource initiatives that are in-line with business objectives to drive results while ensuring alignment with corporate direction, strategic initiatives and human resources best practices (e.g., talent recruitment, development and training; associate engagement; succession planning; performance management; legal/regulatory compliance; compensation, safety and benefit policies and practices).
- Support the development and maintenance of an area/regional talent strategy and performance-oriented culture by communicating, teaching, influencing, and supporting the execution of consistent processes and routines around talent assessment, succession planning, recognition, and performance management.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources Centers of Excellence (HR COEs) and store leadership teams to develop and maintain human resources-related processes and metrics that drive results and effectively address the needs and concerns of the stores organization.
- Provide expertise and guidance in situations involving associate relations, compliance, safety, compensation, benefits, talent acquisition, and workers’ compensation in partnership with the HR COEs to reinforce a culture of compliance and safety, provide consistency, and take smart risks that are compliant with pertinent HR-related laws and regulations.
- Responsible for staying informed on external trends within the industry that may have application internally.
- Support the development and subsequent execution of the various departments individualized talent strategies.
- Stay informed on external trends within the industry that may have application internally.
- 5+ years human resources or relevant leadership experience; human resources experience in corporate or retail industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; PHRpreferred
- Ability to travel up to 50% required
- Ability to view the business broadly and connect business and human resources goals to help drive best-in-class stores
- Ability to assess a situation and adapt communication appropriately to ensure effective delivery to associates at all levels (associates in stores and at corporate; and area, regional, and departmental leadership)
- Ability to utilize strategic thinking and past learnings to anticipate potential issues and the ripple effect of decisions, determine reasonable solutions to problems, and build flexible and realistic action plans to drive improvement
- Demonstrate a focus on continuous learning and an ability to effectively teach, coach, build relationships and influence others in order to motivate and gain appropriate buy-in to drive results
- Ability to be an agent of change to influence teams to shift quickly as our business evolves
- Ability to take initiative, work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize as needed, and act with urgency, agility, efficiency, and effectiveness in total work approach
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)