Reporting to the Superintendent, HR, the Sr. HR Advisor is involved in several areas of HR and recognizes the potential for significant precedents or place for improvement. Emphasis is on gaining trust and ensuring company-wide adherence to HR programs.
- Oversees the drafting and implementation of new standards, procedures and guidelines; reviews the quality and efficiency of these; formulates recommendations for improvements of existing standards, procedures and guidelines in line with best practices and legislative requirements to meet business objectives.
- Manages relationships with managers, supervisors and employees to ensure that a high quality integrated service is provided in a timely manner.
- Resolves complex inquiries, acting as a point of escalation for less experienced staff.
- Leads various specific projects and in the development of new procedures, initiatives or tools.
- Ensures delivery of high quality HR services, including Compensation programsfor Staff and Hourly Employees. Participates and recommends changes to the Kidd Operations benefits & pension packages
- Leads succession planning (Staff & Hourly); manages the Leadership Development Program; manages the performance system and manages the recruitment and the retentionstrategy
- Oversees Employees Relations - Maintaining effective communication with employees; communicating/exchanging information & building positive relationships to improve employee engagement.
- Manages day-to-day, weekly, monthly & annual activities of the HR Department
- Provides coaching and technical support to junior team members to assist in their development.
- Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets, databases and customized, in-house applications, to assemble, manipulate, format reports and complete analysis.
The ideal candidates will have:
- University degree or Certificate in HR Management + 10 years of relevant experience.
- CHRP designation considered an asset
- 5-7years supervisory experience
- Strong HR policy & procedure experience
- Strong communication/negotiation skills
- Experience working in union and non-union work environment