The Senior HR Consultant partners with management and hospital staff in assigned departments to support a positive work environment; investigates complaints and facilitates follow up and resolution; analyzes data to identify trends in employee relations; works with assigned departments to reduce turnover, improve employee satisfaction; administers unemployment claims; participates in hospital and system wide initiatives and programs; advises on matters of disciplinary action; identifies and facilitates opportunities for leadership development; rounds on assigned departments; assists with drafting action plans for employee when necessary; interprets policies and procedures; monitors evaluation process in assigned departments. Coordinates training for facility HR staff.
Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or Related field Required Minimum Experience: 5 - 7 years strong human resource experience in all functional areas of Human Resource. (preferably in a healthcare setting) Required Minimum Skills/Certifications: Must have exceptional organizational, critical thinking, and interviewing skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and maintain excellent customer service. Must be familiar with employmentlaw,recruiting, performance review programs, and progressive counseling. Must be able to handle matters in discrete and confidential manner. Must be able to maintain quality documentation of all consulting procedures. (PHR/SPHRpreferred)
WellStar Benefits include:
- Concierge Services: Employees use the free concierge service to take care of day-to-day errands such as dry cleaning pick-up, oil changes, grocery shopping, assist in researching and arranging travel plans, and helps with planning family events.
- Health Coverage: Competitive healthcare premiums and coverage for employees and dependents. Bariatric surgeries performed within the WellStar network are covered 100%. Employees have access to our on-site pharmacy for prescriptions at discounted rates and the use of payroll deduction.
- Work-Life Balance Programs: WellStar’s commitment to your work-life balance is shown by offering flexible schedules, telecommuting, job sharing, and flex time. We offer on-site child care, backup care and elder assistance care.
- Wellness Programs: Employees can stay active by using our on-site fitness center with discounted fitness classes. We provide a weekly farmers basket program that lets employees buy fresh local produce at an average price of $16.00 or less a basket.
- Recognition Programs: Employees receive recognition through several WellStar programs; The Winners of WellStar (WOW) program lets employees recognize and reward their peers with awards and gifts.
- Parental Benefits: Full-time employees receive 120 hours of paid maternity or paternity leave; benefit eligible part-time employees receive 60 hours for the birth or adoption of a child. Adoptive parents can receive $10,000 in adoption benefits per child, with a total lifetime benefit of $20,000.
- Additional Benefits:Education and tuition assistance programs, employee/employer contribution pension plans, and on-site dining options for convenience.