Provide HR consulting services for assessment, strategy development, and implementation of organizational initiatives. Serve as an integral business partner providing a broad spectrum of human resource support and leadership. Support management and employees in assigned business units to meet their human capital needs
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
It is expected that all of the Principal Duties and Responsibilities identified below will be performed in a manner that reflects the values of the Mercy Health, which are: Excellence, Human Dignity, Justice, Compassion, Sacredness of Life and Service.
- Strategic Alignment and Goal DevelopmentPartner with clients to understand and assess business direction based on current strategic plans; Create specific action plans in support of HR-related goals that will meet department needs, address weaknesses, capitalize on strengths, and take advantage of opportunities; Work with leadership to periodically interpret results and progress of HR related goals: “State of the Workforce” presentations bi-annually; or follow up to leadership regarding the status and progress of their action plans; Assist leadership with the development of performance and incentive goals.
- Strategic Human Capital ManagementWorkforce Planning and Talent Management – assess all aspects of employment needs to achieve business goals (talent, learning, well-being, salary/workforce, and engagement , and succession planning); Assist with Mercy Health’s Human Resources programs and initiatives in client areas including, but not limited to training, providing guidance with goal setting, evaluation, and merit administration and is a resource for instructions pertaining to related systems; Identify resources to assist clients in meeting strategic Human Capital goals related to retention, development, succession, and talent and performance management; Engage leadership teams to ensure operation plans and practices align with strategic plan and departmental human capital goals.
- Organizational Development and SupportServe as change champion for assigned clients. Collaborate with managers and other HR professionals (Learning, Analytics, etc.) to improve and sustain leadership performance; Conduct team development sessions, to improve effectiveness of team outcomes; Support onboarding of staff and leadership; and provide leadership coaching when applicable; Assist clients in the development of project plans, communication plans and action plans to address quality/safety, patient experience, engagement, as well as consolidation, outsourcing, insourcing and acquisition activities,; Engage leadership teams to ensure operation plans and practices align with strategic plan and departmental human capital goals.
- Client CommunicationProvide monthly HR updates; communicate HR initiatives and expectations. (Including opportunities to pilot new systems or processes); Communicate upward feedback to provide clients with candid advice and coaching regarding development opportunities; Coordinate and implement HR initiatives with client groups; Develop and deliver unit-specific presentations on topics central to management and leadership; Educate and support client use of HR tools; Participate in business unit meetings/presentations to support leadership and provide updates on HR-related goal progress; Participate in senior leadership meetings as appropriate to support area leaders and discuss HR-related issues.
- Employee and Labor Relations Partner with and serve as a resource to employees, management and Human Resources staff to promote and maintain positive employee and labor relations. Proactively identify, manage and facilitate the equitable resolution of job-related complaints and concerns. Prepare/present position statements and evidence on behalf of the Ministry in claims related to unemployment, discrimination and other employment-related actions filed with federal/state/local agencies.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible and complex professional experience within a Human Resources function
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Knowledge of HR laws required
- Familiarity with MSOffice, PeopleSoft, and PeopleAnswers desired. Workday experience preferred.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more