Description: Job Title: Senior Human Factors Engineer 4Job Code: IMS20200408-48732Job Location: Waco, TXL3Harris
is actively seeking for a Senior HF Engineer
for our facility located in Waco, TX 76705
for an immediate direct hire opportunity. We offer competitive benefits and a generous relocation package.
The ideal candidate will have a background in Human Factors implementation and have leadership experience or growth potential in a technical setting. The candidate will be expected to support development teams starting in the initial conceptual stage through the product development cycle.Job Description:
The Human Factors Engineer will perform as part of a team and provide system design input based on human factors expertise. This inpute will be provided through all phases of design, manufacture, test and delivery. The Human Factors engineer will need to be able to coordinate with professionals of various backgrounds (Program Office, Engineering, Manufacturing, Installation, Program Controls, etc.) both internal to L3Harris and within customer organizations.Essential Functions:
The Human Factors engineer will:
- Act as Company's technical interface to the customer for all Human Factors statement of work tasks.
- Create Human Factors products for hardware systems, develop allocations and present analysis results to management for periodic review and customer status to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- These types of analyses are to be performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation and field maintenance.
- Lead Cockpit Working Group (CWG) efforts and meetings;
- Assist with equipment layout determinations;
- Create Human Engineering Program Plans (HEPP) for system integration programs;
- Author Human Engineering Design Approach Document - Operator (HEDAD-O);
- Author Human Engineering Design Approach Document - Maintainer (HEDAD-M);
- Author Critical Task Analysis Report (CTAR);
- Review subcontractor specs and statements of work to insure flowdown, and follow-through for compliance;
- Interpret Requests for Proposal (RFP) and prepare effective responses
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, Software, Physics, etc.)
- Minimum of 7 years related work experience
Human Factors engineering candidates with experience in one or more of the following is preferred:
- Working proficiency with MIL-STD-46855A and MIL-STD-1472G.
- Familiarity with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) techniques is desired, but not required.
- Must possess strong computer skills (Microsoft Office programs) and have excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level which requires U.S. citizenship.