As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
We're looking for future-minded associates with a proven record of leadership to promote our exciting and challenging work environment. Through comprehensive programs - wellness, benefits, payroll, recruitment and talent management and training - we not only achieve the goals of our organization, but also support one of our most valuable assets: our associates. If you love people and are committed to attracting, hiring, motivating, training and retaining the best to provide the best, then give us a call.
We are currently looking for a full-time Senior HRIS Systems Administrator for our headquarters in the Greater Kansas City Area. In this role, you will be responsible for leading complex system administration, application, and end user support for assigned systems. Develop complex dashboards, reports and metrics utilizing Garmin's HR systems and databases and analyzes data to support data driven decision making, effective management of HR and business operations and process improvement. Other essential functions include:
- Serve as the application subject matter expert; review reporting options, provide analysis and input in the implementation and upgrade of HR applications and systems.
- Provide a full range of systems administration support with minimal supervision and escalation to IT.
- Able to do complete application configuration.
- Leads testing of upgrades, patches and new applications verify new and existing functionality.
- Serve internal and external customers with a high level of service by proactively configuring applications to automate manual activities, improve processes and enhance accuracy and efficiency.
- Partner with users to identify key performance indicators (KPIs) and develop HR dashboards with metrics and benchmarks to assess HR and organizational issues, effectiveness and opportunities.
- Provides leadership and guidance to less experienced team members to ensure compliance with HR related legislation and policies with oversight from HR management and Legal
- Assesses business situations and develops goals to achieve HRIS strategies, improve business results and performance
- Designs programs and policies to cultivate a strong customer service culture in the HR function
- Proactively identifies threats and opportunities and leverages HRIS expertise to design creative business solutions which align with business strategy
- Ensures compliance with HR related legislation and regulations and Garmin HR policies escalating complex issues when needed
- Applies a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities by developing solutions in a timely manner
- Works collaboratively and professionally with other Garmin associates and provides leadership on cross functional teams to achieve departmental and business goals
- Provides reliable solutions to a wide range of difficult problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Exemplifies Garmin's Mission, Vision, Values & Quality Policy and proactively works to improve Garmin's image and culture
Qualified candidates possess a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, Business, Human Resources AND a minimum of 8 years work experience performing a substantially similar role OR a Master's degree in one of the fields noted above or another relevant discipline AND a minimum of 6 years experience OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Other requirements include:
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule)
- Demonstrates broad-based knowledge of the organization, business, operations, industry and key organization metrics
- Possesses proven experience with mentoring or training less experienced team members including compliance with HR related legislation, practices, processes, programs and technologies, processes and procedures
- Applies broad-based HR knowledge to business needs in a proactive manner and determines best practices to support organizational direction
- Demonstrates strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills including fluency in the language of business administration and senior leaders
- Demonstrates a consistent focus on accountability and achievement of HR strategic and tactical goals with a proven track record in delivering high quality solutions on time and within the budget
- Driven problem solver with proven success in solving difficult problems and mentoring others on effective problem solving
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task and provides training to less experienced team members on achieving this skill
- Demonstrates proficient advanced knowledge in the use of data, evidence-based research, benchmarks, HR and business metrics to make critical decisions
- Demonstrates the ability to assess business situations and recommend suggestions for improving business results and team execution of HR strategies
- Must possess demonstrated effective presentation skills and public speaking ability
- Must demonstrate proven experience handling confidential Human Resources matters
- Serves as leader for demonstrating effective time management, organizational, and follow up skills with a keen attention to detail and quality
- Knowledge and/or experience with Oracle HR Management systems, Taleo Reporting universe, Taleo Learn (formerly Learn.com), and online benefits enrollment applications
- Proficient knowledge and/or experience with Kronos Workforce Central Timekeeping and/or Absence Management modules and developing reports in ADP Payforce Query, ADP Info View and ADP Reporting
- Experience with a large global organization
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family's preferences. In addition, Garmin's financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.