Senior HRIS Project Analyst - Health System Solutions (HSS)
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
The Senior HSS Project Analyst position is directly accountable / responsible for successful documentation and delivery of new functionality in support of the HCM modules of the HSS People System project and ongoing support of HR systems at HSS. This includes a mix of functional and technical expertise for analysis, estimating, execution/development, implementation, testing and ongoing support. The individual will partner with HR, HRIS, IT and other partners to research, identify and develop solutions to meet organizational needs.
- Reviews, analyzes, and configures the HCM software to improve system effectiveness, usability, functionality, and efficiency.
- Defines functional requirements, business process and system interfaces.
- Identifies, defines and implements HR technology solutions that result in streamlined business operations, cost reductions and/or cost avoidance which impact the long-term economic viability of the organization.
- Acts as an internal consultant providing guidance and HR business process expertise to realize industry best practices, long-term economic viability, and workforce development with a focus on service excellence.
- Provides guidance and HR/HCM business knowledge to others for the development of staff.
- Generates practical, sustainable and creative HR options to solve problems and meet business requirements.
- Performs HCM system testing and test script writing/development.
- Supports troubleshooting for multiple bi-directional, internal and external HR interfaces.
- Maintains an up-to-date detailed understanding of the HSS People System (in particular HCM) and HR policies and procedures.
- Participates in all phases of the product development lifecycle starting with Requirements Analysis, and progressing through Functional and Technical Design, System Development, Testing, System Implementation, and Post Go-live Support.
- Other duties assigned.
- Partners with HR, HRIS and IT internal data and process owners to ensure an understanding of their business requirements.
- Develops and maintains documentation, user manuals, computer based training, and online help utilizing the Instructional System Design model.
- Works with HR business partners to evaluate ongoing software needs and may design new or modify existing HRIS processes to meet changing demands.
- Develops and runs complex reports to support business partners.
- Provides support for HR by discovering system or data issues, researching and fixing the issues, informing others and making suggestions for new processes.
- 6 plus years of relevant HRIS experience required
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology field.
- This position will require skill in both functional and technical abilities in order to translate and document functional requirements then follow through in testing solutions to meet the organization’s needs.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Strong problem solving skills with excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and within schedule.
- Demonstrated willingness and experience at reaching out collaboratively to customers to identify and resolve root causes of issues impacting the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong Systems background, including technical knowledge of PeopleSoft HR, Benefits Administration, Payroll applications or other related experience with fast paced learning style.
- Kronos Time and Labor application is a plus.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft office (excel, outlook, etc.) products required.
- Ability to read and understand SQR, Application Engine, PeopleCode, Workflow, XML Publisher, SQL Reporting, Application Designer, PeopleTools, and Integration Broker is desired.
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Plan, direct, and coordinate work activities of others
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Generally works in an office environment