Supports critical projects to support and reinforce HSS HR priorities. Provides strategic support for the HR Leadership Team and other members of the HR Team in the development and execution of major HR initiatives. Organizes and supports the execution of ongoing HR activities. Represents Human Resources and HSS at a variety of internal and external meetings as needed.
- Serve as project support for HR projects, activities and initiatives. Provide support as needed in cross-functional initiatives to sustain and improve the HSS culture.
- Serve as project support to coordinate ad-hoc initiatives for the HR Leadership Team as required. Projects include nursing, disability, inclusion and MDCPS initiatives and/or programs as well as system-wide HR related projects.
- Assist with the management of HR policies and procedures.
- Collect, manage and analyze data for HR initiatives to maintain compliance, retention and other strategic goals, through the development of reports.
- Serve as project support and HR representative for other HSS functions with system-wide campaigns and/or initiatives.
- Provide administrative support. Prepares presentations, reports and materials for HR meetings (i.e., HRD Meeting, Diversity & Inclusion, HR Leadership, Committee Meetings, etc.). Prepare payroll in Kronos for approval.
- Manage third party vendor accounts to ensure continuity of vendor relationship. Renew and update vendor contracts as needed. Manage data for vendor applications.
- Assist other HR functions in system-wide initiatives. Serve as a New Employee Orientation facilitator on a monthly basis. Develop and facilitate training programs as needed.
- Manage HR communication information (i.e., contact information for each site, HRD email distribution list, emergency contact list for HR Site) and Diversity & Inclusion intranet site.
- Provide project support and collaborate with the HR Communications team on system-wide initiatives.
- Other duties assigned.
- Bachelors of Arts required.
- 6 years of human resources project specialist experience required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work with senior executives.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities. Experience in working on multiple complex system-wide HR initiatives.
- Demonstrated expertise in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Plan, direct, and coordinate work activities of others
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Generally works in an office environment