The Senior Human Resources Manager supports and builds the people capabilities of the groups/platforms he/she supports by utilizing HR expertise through communication with employees and managers at all levels.
The Senior HR Manager will be expected to drive and implement HR initiatives to increase organizational effectiveness from selection of new employees to talent development.
- Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of issues and resolves through a systematic and analytical approach.
- Consults with management team to analyze and assess people needs and issues and develops and implements appropriate strategies and action plans.
- Assures compliance with all applicable laws and corporate policies/guidelines and identifies opportunities to develop and implement new practices/guidelines to achieve business goals.
- Implements organizational HR initiatives to improve organizational effectiveness, including performance management systems (compensation, mid-year and year-end reviews), talent development, organizational design, and culture development.
- Identifies key training needs and develops project plans and timelines for design and delivery.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends / drives change management strategies to increase performance, reduce cost, and positively impact both HR and the business.
- Ensures that all HR administrative functions are handled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Drives business performance by utilizing knowledge of the business and the interrelationships to influence strategy and decision-making.
- Champions the One Dean culture, driving an environment of accountability, engagement, open communication, and high ethical standards.
- Participates as a member of the leadership team of the groups/platforms he/she supports.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
- May have supervisory responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- MBA or Master’s degree in related field (preferred).
- A minimum of 7 years HR experience (recruiting, consulting, employee relations, leadership development, talent development, or compensation).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to credibly influence others with his/her point of view.
- Ability to understand and add value to Dean’s business.
- Ability to deliver and execute high-quality and consistent Human Resources processes and services.
- Ability to align programs and services with Company’s overall vision.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others across levels and functions while working on multiple tasks in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to assist in the development of others for the future through coaching, constructive feedback, developing and implementing developmental plans, and encouraging others to learn new skills.
- Ability to make decisions based on all relevant information and builds recommendations and solves problems, based on this data; may use spreadsheets, performance indicators, or other tools to analyze the data.
- Ability to utilize and apply effective change management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Requisition ID 2018-6397