Position Description and Required Skills:
Provide Senior HR Business Partner (SHRBP) support to assigned business units, with responsibility for aligning business objectives with employees and management in the above designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related activities. The successful SHRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent.
- Work directly with client leadership and global HR partners to ensure the delivery of global HR strategies and to address organizational priorities.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Drive change management initiatives that are aligned with business needs.
- Implement organization wide HR programs and processes, and align across multiple Rochester area sites such as workforce planning, succession planning, and employee development planning.
- Support recruitment process and hiring selection to assure that positions are filled in a timely and effective manner; support the employee orientation processto assure a positive on-boarding experience for new employees.
- Oversee the performance management process to assure the achievement of effective goal setting, timely and effective performance appraisal completion and appropriate merit/bonus distribution.
- Recommend organization structure and changes based on business needs.
- Provide coaching and counseling to employees and managers.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Interpret and communicate policies and procedures, provide guidance on interpretation, and monitor compliance.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance (OFCCP, AAP, EEO, FDA); Support Affirmative Action Plans; Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participate in special projects within the HR organization and support data collection and interpretation as needed.
- Oversees development and coordination of employee engagement activities (events, activities, processes) as appropriate.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Required Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, or related disciplines.
- A minimum of 7+ years of HR Manager (true HR Business Partner) level responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in a MS Windows environment (Word, Excel, PPT.).
- Organizational Design and Development experience.
- Change Management experience.
- Employee Relations and engagement experience.
- Must be able to work independently, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, prioritize, meet deadlines, be a good listener and maintain confidentiality.
- Experience working in manufacturing, development and professional environments.
- Detailed knowledge of State and Federal employment laws including FMLA, OFCCP, AAP, EEO.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills along with presentation skills.
- Performance Management experience.
- Interpersonal skills to establish effective relationships with all levels of internal staff and outside professionals.
- Demonstrated hands-on attention to detail, analytical and project management skills.
- Master's degree.
- Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM) certification.
- SAP knowledge to perform queries.
- Knowledge of and experience working with global policies, procedures and laws.
Minimum Education Level
Minimum Years Related Experience
Does this position have direct reports?
Expected Extent of Travel
1-5% (4-18 days/year)
Carestream, and its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.