Position Overview The Main objective of the position is to drive and influenceHR programs and policies at the Winston Service Center. In addition this role will have a significant impact onbusiness decisions by locally driving support of the key strategic priorities of the Power Generation Services division. The Winston Service Center provides repair and new parts services for Gas and SteamTurbine components. The site is located in Rural Hall, North Carolina,8 miles northwest of Winston-Salem. Primary accountabilities:
- Provide full range of strategic and operational HR services for the 250 employees (180 hourly & 70 salaried).
- Partner with Plant Manager to implement change management strategies to support key business and HR decisions
- Proactively work with all levels of management to have a direct HR impact on business decisions and strategies
- Establish understanding of site services and product lines by engaging and being visible in the plant
- Building effective relationships with operations leadership and hourly employees
- Maintain a culture of positive employee relations by developing engagement/feedback platforms
- The Senior HR Consultant will be an individual contributor with no direct reports; however, the position is viewed by internal Siemens employees and external customers as the lead HRresponsible for the entire site location
- Ultimate responsibility for all staffing of hourly and salaried employees (Work closely with Talent Acquisition to fill open exempt professional and management requisitions in a timely manner)
- Guide leadership on compensation decisions (salaried and hourly wage administration, including offers for new hires, promotions, etc.)
- Training & development (offer training & development opportunities for all salaried and hourly employees)
- Collaboratively work with the management and hourly team members to maintain harmony, and in addition, act as an advocate for non-management employees.
- Champion EHS and Safety related initiatives
- Responsible for important communications that need to be shared with salaried and hourly workforce in a timely manner
- Handle employee relations matters for salaried workforce and be primary point of contact for all disciplinary recommendations for salaried and hourly employees
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA Degree in related field; MSDegree is a plus
- Minimum of 8years of HRexperience
- Experience in manufacturing is a plus
- 20% travelrequired
- Labor relations experience is a plus.
- Siemens experience is a plus