HR Generalist will provide support and maintenance of RR Donnelley's Human Resource activities related to assigned employees/locations. Support assigned locations to ensure effective employee relations, compensation, staffing, organizational development, training, safety and change management strategies. Fosters employee involvement at all levels.
Work is typically performed under no supervision, with only guidance about overall goals and objectives. Must be able to define work based on evaluation of short term and long term goals of the department. Able to independently evaluate processes, identify areas of improvement, and incorporate in to overall work objectives.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) Bachelordegree in Human Resources or Business Administration, or related to functional work or role with 5-7years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
2) Must have skills in critical thinking, organization, and problem solving.
3) Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments.
4) Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
5) Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted.
6) Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer. Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
7) Extensive knowledge of general employment laws, recruitment, EEO/AAP, safety training and policy development.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer